Author Topic: What is considered "outing" an auction?  (Read 11891 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: What is considered "outing" an auction?
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 11:27:26 PM »
You've probably seen this 24x36 commercial released back in the day...my favorite Jessica image and, strikingly similar to yours...
What size is it, Mel?

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010, 08:10:13 AM »
My new one is an Australian commercial poster about 26x38. Here's the link to the auction.

I wasn't interested in the lavender 23x35 which was also sold last night - doesn't match my other posters very well and is more overtly commercial.  The Aussie doesn't match perfectly either, since they were drawn by different artists, but it's close enough.  (Jeff Kilian's wife Dana drew the Kilian versions.)

It came up for auction a while back and Emovie withdrew it when they discovered it was commercial.  It popped back up last week.  Fallen had expressed remorse when it was withdrawn previously and I thought he might try this time.

Yeah, Neo, the mylars really are of exceptional quality.  I wish all my posters were mylar, although they do scratch easily, which is why I keep mine permanently framed.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2015, 09:38:28 PM »
Ah, yes.  This is a good thread.  Thanks for bumping...errr...moving it, Jeff.

The seller I was talking about had hundreds of video posters.  I mentioned her eBay store before ordering anything.  Doh.gif  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,880.msg11712.html#msg11712  

2 of the 3 tubes she sent me were smashed, and then she got an attitude when I kindly told her about it.  Apparently she quit selling, or something happened, as she has dozens of negative feedback from the last few months her eBay ID was active.

She had a lot of cool stuff, like a Troll poster I mentioned recently in the post-auction thread, and some other rare stuff that sold for a few hundred $.  She said that everything was from a video store that closed.  It's cool that there were some diamonds in the rough in there.  cool1
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:58:44 PM by Neo »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2015, 09:50:25 PM »
If you have doubts about it, don't do it.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline hepcatpunk

• Hobbyist
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2015, 10:20:29 PM »
I don't think you can "out" anything at EMP or HA, or something that might be posted in the Upcoming Events section, but it seems not every upcoming auction gets posted there.  Ebay probably needs to stay on the hush hush, but there are so many ways to search these days, most any auction of interest has a least a few watchers.
-Brian

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2015, 11:08:11 PM »
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2015, 05:42:30 PM »

Looks like a battle to the death.. and from both sides!

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2015, 12:47:28 AM »
Hail Hydra!
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2015, 01:05:03 AM »

-Jeff