Author Topic: Such a thing as single sided "A Dame to Kill For" Eva Green poster?  (Read 3415 times)

Offline archstanton

• Hobbyist
On Ebay tloceposters is peddling single sided A Dame to Kill For one sheets now, including the Eva Green version which still gets pretty good money on eBay.  I'm assuming that they are fake "Kinko Specials" based on his reputation, but does anybody know if they actually printed single sided versions of this poster?  I've never seen anyone sell a single sided issue before his listings popped up.  I noticed he sold one right away...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIN-CITY-A-DAME-TO-KILL-FOR-034-B-034-ROLLED-27X40-ORIG-MOVIE-POSTER-EVA-GREEN-/371251262942?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56704cb5de&nma=true&si=asnxzCXtAPXWonTupUWPVor2iCs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I once bought a single sided "Drive" poster from him to compare to my known original and it wasn't even close.  I don't know how anybody falls for it, it had obvious scan lines and other print defects.  Shoulda known better when the price was $17.49.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
Re: Such a thing as single sided "A Dame to Kill For" Eva Green poster?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 10:50:38 PM »
Dont buy it, nuff said.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 10:52:46 PM »
On Ebay tloceposters is peddling single sided A Dame to Kill For one sheets now, including the Eva Green version which still gets pretty good money on eBay.  I'm assuming that they are fake "Kinko Specials" based on his reputation, but does anybody know if they actually printed single sided versions of this poster?  I've never seen anyone sell a single sided issue before his listings popped up.  I noticed he sold one right away...

for someone with over 32,000 sells you would think he would have figured out how to take decent pictures instead of the shady crap he has on now.  I would stay away.  

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 10:56:00 PM »
Actually this begs the question - how come ebay puts up with this shit? He's obviously a man with a printer on a mission. Not enough negative feedback? ie., he manages to fool most of his clientele so he gets a free pass? 

Offline archstanton

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 10:59:11 PM »
Dont buy it, nuff said.

I'm sure you're right, but I had to ask.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 11:10:53 PM »
Actually this begs the question - how come ebay puts up with this shit? He's obviously a man with a printer on a mission. Not enough negative feedback? ie., he manages to fool most of his clientele so he gets a free pass? 

he sells a lot, ebay removes negs, he makes ebay $, he stays.
plus I guess he fools a lot of casual collectors, or people who just want to hang something. Plus a lot of people just believe, years ago there was almost a fight AGAINST people speaking out against this stuff, took the forum community a while to believe it all. (yeah I know, strange, but true)
Plus he sells are lot that are legit.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 11:15:57 PM »
Wasn't that poster image pulled for the less booby version before it even went into production?
Chris

Offline archstanton

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 11:28:07 PM »
Wasn't that poster image pulled for the less booby version before it even went into production?

It's hard to tell from the faded glory picture in his listing but it looks like what he is selling it the less booby version.  You're right, though, the axed version was never actually printed. 

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 02:09:18 AM »
Ya he put a new batch of single sided crap. This morning I emailed a smallish studio about a couple of his posters.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 02:41:22 AM »
Not sure about the U.S. but there's still loads of single sided posters for new releases used over here...
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 03:29:27 AM »
Theres a ton of SS here too.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 01:16:55 PM »
Theres a ton of SS here too.

Yep.  There are still some single sided one sheets given to theaters, indeed... 

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 03:23:40 PM »
have you seen one for Eva Green from a theatre?  nowadays some studios for some movies are doing DS only even for their promo posters given to promotional companies.
Just want to know if you have seen one specifically for this movie besides Tloces
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:25:00 PM by jedgerley »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2015, 05:18:03 PM »
have you seen one for Eva Green from a theatre?  nowadays some studios for some movies are doing DS only even for their promo posters given to promotional companies.
Just want to know if you have seen one specifically for this movie besides Tloces

I have not seen any original single-sided one sheets of that Sin City 2 one sheet.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 05:29:45 PM »
I have not seen any original single-sided one sheets of that Sin City 2 one sheet.

cool thanks Brandon.