Author Topic: Bruce, Mel, Mondo, CSM, Marklawd  (Read 46211 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Bruce, Mel, Mondo, CSM, Marklawd
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2014, 08:12:45 PM »

I deleted the comment that you were replying to before you replied, but thanks for the info., Jeff.

Although the facts you mentioned above are not speculative, the whole talk about Mel deleting those images out of spite, etc. appear to be purely speculative, as no one has actually provided any evidence that he deleted those images with any kind of bad intention.

You're welcome, Brandon. I just wanted to help lay something solid here. As we know, others have left APF recently, for their own various reasons. But none of those people chose to walk away with their photos under their arm.

I simply mention this, to show that while others have also moved on, they chose to leave their info and/or pics intact.

Again, anyone can do as they see fit and that includes expressing displeasure over an action that was seen by many, as disruptive to the forum, as a whole.

Ever forward.  :)

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:15:39 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2014, 08:20:05 PM »
I admire your energy, Jeff.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2014, 08:21:24 PM »
Although the facts you mentioned above are not speculative, the whole talk about Mel deleting those images out of spite, etc. appear to be purely speculative, as no one has actually provided any evidence that he deleted those images with any kind of bad intention.

His intention is irrelevant.  I am going to credit Mel for knowing exactly what he was doing.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2014, 08:31:51 PM »
You're welcome, Brandon. I just wanted to help lay something solid here. As we know, others have left APF recently, for their own various reasons. But none of those people chose to walk away with their photos under their arm.

I simply mention this, to show that while others have also moved on, they chose to leave their info and/or pics intact.

Again, anyone can do as they see fit and that includes expressing displeasure over an action that was seen by many, as disruptive to the forum, as a whole.

Ever forward.  :)

That's certainly the politically correct way to put it, which is not how this whole issue, and many other issues have unfolded here...

Ever forward, indeed.  thumbup

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2014, 10:32:58 PM »
Oh well...no more arbitrary digital restorations of posters that looked just fine in their vintage, used state
Chris

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2014, 11:28:35 PM »
I think you all miss my point.  What once was one is now split into three or four.  Many of the most prolific posters are gone from here.  I simply don't see how this has become a better place because of it.

Prolific is not necessarily good.  I have prolific shits from time to time but they are still shit.  If the point of the prolific posts is to stir the shit, then it's useless. 

Consider this:  shattered glass sparkles in the sunlight.  Being split into group, if that is indeed true, isn't a bad thing or a good thing.  It just is.

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2014, 11:36:47 PM »
We have the most effect on the world in our own mind. To the rest of the world, we are quite small.

Ain't that the truth.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2014, 11:49:02 PM »
Prolific is not necessarily good.  I have prolific shits from time to time but they are still shit.

If I ever write a screenplay I'm stealing that line!   clap clap clap

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2014, 11:59:58 PM »
I thought he was quoting Mamet...

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2014, 02:38:55 PM »
Does that mean we're getting Adam back?

T

YES!!!

I have missed this place in terms of talking about posters and helping others.
Since another forum has been built things have started to change around here for the better which is great as most poster collectors who frequent the poster forums use this one.

I think one or two mentioned Mel exuded much positive energy and that he was one of the good guys??? Really??? Mel may have done some good, but he also instigated a lot of crap on this forum and outside of it (that doesn't include me!). And yet, he is still attacking this forum on his new Facebook page - he even deleted some stuff, but has left one comment I think about APF which goes like this "Don't go there..." or words to that effect.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2014, 02:57:30 PM »
YES!!!

I have missed this place in terms of talking about posters and helping others.
Since another forum has been built things have started to change around here for the better which is great as most poster collectors who frequent the poster forums use this one.

Oh no!  you are back! lol :)   just in time for your Vectis Auctions too. Vectis has been nice to have here btw.  Have you finished helping that unnamed auctionhouse with their new dept.?

you inspired me to buy a bond poster, New York Subway for Moonraker, its a start :/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 03:07:25 PM by jedgerley »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2014, 03:04:56 PM »
Nice to see you back, Adam.

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2014, 04:09:29 PM »
I think one or two mentioned Mel exuded much positive energy and that he was one of the good guys??? Really??? Mel may have done some good, but he also instigated a lot of crap on this forum and outside of it (that doesn't include me!). And yet, he is still attacking this forum on his new Facebook page - he even deleted some stuff, but has left one comment I think about APF which goes like this "Don't go there..." or words to that effect.

Holiday and I have defended Mel against so many forum members over the years.  Of course, there was you, Adam, and your lengthy emails, but also people emailing us and telling us that they would not participate as long as he was around.  Since Mel was such an active presence and also because our forum had yet to stand on its two feet, I was always a little worried about cutting him loose.  In retrospect and in view of his recent behavior, it was probably a mistake.  Ah... live and learn.

T
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 04:10:06 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2014, 04:54:24 PM »
Now, onward to give certain dealers the boot...
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2014, 05:17:59 PM »
Now, onward to give certain dealers the boot...

:o
Chris

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2014, 05:32:15 PM »
You love it.  :)
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2014, 06:27:14 PM »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2014, 06:39:42 PM »
I love you, you love me, we're a happy family
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2014, 07:00:20 PM »
It's not about giving anyone, members or dealers, any kind of "the boot." That's not what it's about here. People can come and go as they please, this we all know.

As T said a week ago, discussion presenting opposing points of view is fine, but keep it civil. And I might add that it isnt about fighting, goading or prompting others to engage in a fight or having to defend themselves, from direct commentary or insinuation. Everyone is entitled to present their viewpoints.. we are, after all, all part of the movie poster hobby, whether as sellers, dealers or collectors.

Instigation does nothing but create a negative atmosphere. And as H said a while back, wont be tolerated. It serves no purpose. No one is given the ultimate boot, but as H said, assigned "time outs" are always a possibility.

This isnt a Kumbaya moment, but it certainly is a hell of a lot more fun to be here without the added muck being slung around.

I think most would agree.

-Jeff

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2014, 07:13:34 PM »
I love you, you love me, we're a happy family

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZQlM59sDJVo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZQlM59sDJVo</a>

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2014, 11:48:18 PM »
 welcome1 back Adam.  Yippie-yo.  Moving forward now, hopefully.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2015, 02:04:14 PM »
welcome1 back Adam.  Yippie-yo.  Moving forward now, hopefully.

Tho Adam has been MIA for a long time, now, too.

People fly in, then fly out again, it seems.

coffee

-Jeff