Author Topic: The great Undead sell off or thinning the heard  (Read 38582 times)

Mirosae

Re: The great Undead sell off or thinning the heard
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2015, 04:12:07 PM »
Blimey...it sounds like a proper fiesta! :)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2015, 04:16:45 PM »
Rofl

After he turned my offer down I will be lucky to have prawns at this point, betting on salad shrimp instead.

Actually we just decided on the food to be served yesterday and it will be a red pepper bisque soup, honey baked pair salad, a choice of Filet Mignon (Filet Minion if we can catch enough of them) with wild mushroom cognac cream sauce, Grilled Herb Marinated Chicken or pan seared Tilapia with tomato, garlic & white wine sauce topped with two jumbo shrimp. Family and party members can get whatever they want including Surf and Turf which will be a 7-8oz. filet and same size tail. Wedding will also include an open bar, fifteen different types of horderves, fruits, veggies, etc. for the cocktail party and if anyone leaves my wedding hungry it is their own damn fault.

Now you understand why I am selling some of my posters.

Making me hungry, there, Mike!

thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2015, 04:25:22 PM »
Why does he even sell them, then?  I mean, look at what he has today.  850 posters.  How many is he going to lose money on?  Half?  Am I remembering wrong, or didn't he tell us over and over again that he was losing money on lesser items?  Why does he keep selling them?  Why not put all of them in bulks?  I mean, you don't have to have Schan's crystal ball to know what will sell above $20 and what will not.  I just don't understand the incentive behind listing all these lesser posters after having told us they were money losers.

T

I honestly believe Bruce does loose money/time on the some of these lesser valued posters for sure. But I think its the way the consignment was sent in too. There could be multiple scenarios. For example, and from experience, Let's say you send in a lot of higher valued posters (Over $50, $80 PLus,etc) and very little posters that are pretty much worthless (as T says and I agree). I sent in over 50 decent valuable ones and 5 lower end ones (and there realllllly lower end ones) that I knew were worth squat (and T had said, WHY? auction it).  You can't really combine these higher valued posters in a bulk lot, and you can't really combine only 4-5 items as a bulk lot. Plus, if the Poster sizes are different, I don't see to many oddball lots to be listed on EMP. So it ended up that everything  was to be auctioned off individually.
I wasn't sure he was going to list them or ask to send them back (the lower end ones).

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2015, 12:04:45 AM »
It's a trade off sometimes I think - gotta take the crap to get some of the gold
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2015, 12:13:11 AM »
Yep, without consignors emovie is nothing.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2015, 02:11:42 AM »
And on a lighter note, the AU Jaws one sheet is gone.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Mirosae

« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2015, 04:09:38 AM »
^ Well done...Lobster is back on the menu! :P

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2015, 11:31:56 AM »
Been a while since I updated this with anything from the stuff sent to EMP but I figured this would be a good time for it. The below list is up for auction in the Star Wars auction EMP is running now.

If anyone here wins any of the ad records, contact me and I will send you free digital copies of all the tracks that I made so you won't have to do it yourself.

I also sent in the boxed dated Revenge of the Jedi 1 sheet but it did not make it into the auction for some reason so I guess offers can be made, just send me a PM on it. It is in VG condition with minor handling wear only, the typical little surface ripples you get when rolling and unrolling a poster. If someone put it on Flea-Bay they would list it as NM. It is still in its original shipping container that it was mailed in and post marked May 1983, same date and address as the envelope listed below. The poster is not necessarily hard to find but one in the original shipper is a hens tooth to be sure.

3h046 EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 27x40 German commercial poster '95 GWTW art by Roger Kastel, ZigZag!
3h063 RETURN OF THE JEDI Japanese '83 Death Star & Star Destroyer, inset photo of Hamill & Fisher!
3h104 RETURN OF THE JEDI Japanese 7x10 '83 George Lucas classic, art by Drew Struzan!
3h114 EMPIRE STRIKES BACK insert R82 George Lucas classic, cool montage art by Tom Jung!
3h244 STAR TOURS 18x24 special '86 Walt Disney & Star Wars, Endor as seen from the Forest Moon!
3h343 EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 3 color 20x30 stills '80 cool images of Darth Vader, Luke & Imperial ship
3h344 EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 4 color 16x20 stills '80 Darth Vader, Luke, Hoth, carbon-freezing chamber
3h379 STAR WARS 33 1/3 RPM campaign B record+printed envelope '77 three 30-second radio spots, rare!
3h380 STAR WARS 33 1/3 RPM campaign E record '78 contains seven 30-second radio spots, rare!
3h381 STAR WARS 45 RPM soundtrack record '78 the main title & cantina band music by John Williams!
3h420 RETURN OF THE JEDI 11x12 Calendar '83 hands holding lightsaber by Tim Reamer on cover!
3h438 STAR WARS FAN CLUB patch '70s George Lucas, Lucasfilm fan club!
3h441 RETURN OF THE JEDI patch '82 George Lucas classic, cool image of Jedi Master Yoda
3h444 RETURN OF THE JEDI 2 advertisements '82 George Lucas, Revenge of the Jedi, Kenner toys!
3h446 STAR WARS FAN CLUB envelope '83 the official envelope, great classic title design style!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2015, 11:47:05 AM »
Good luck on all of these, Mike.  thumbup

-Jeff

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2015, 01:30:40 PM »
dang keeping any for yourself? 

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2015, 03:25:46 PM »
dang keeping any for yourself? 

Absolutely, have a small mountain of SW left with a lot of cool stuff in it. This only represents around 5-10% of the total SW collection and I still have more I am trying to add to it.
Just bleach the bitch!