Author Topic: "The Interview" Posters  (Read 22975 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Re: "The Interview" Posters
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2014, 02:01:34 AM »
its a mediocre to slightly above mediocre poster that has a james franco and seth rogan on it.  suckers will buy anything.  collectors buy smartly.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2014, 08:32:52 PM »
Here is a link to a site that translates some of the Korean on the poster:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/the-poster-for-the-new-seth-rogenjames-franco-comedy-is-fill#.ckklkN132G

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2014, 10:07:40 AM »
As I had the 1sht and Quad for this, the fellow I know also gave me these...

The official Letter, the trailer(on a flash pen), and a un-opened banner. The flash pen is hiding some details as is the black paper.

They may not be worth anything, but are a nice piece of Cinema history, which is what I love.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2014, 02:30:35 PM »
"These should under no circumstances be displayed or given away"

Good friend!  ;D
Chris

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2014, 04:40:50 PM »

Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2015, 03:25:44 AM »

Good friend!  ;D

I gave him a pound for them so technically we played by the rules... ;)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2015, 06:36:49 PM »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2015, 10:48:10 PM »
Double  ;D
Chris

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2015, 12:17:13 AM »
The fact that Bruce sells it for $79 means that it's probably worth 1/2 of that price.  Another month and it will be down to $15.  People... hitself
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2015, 08:34:48 AM »
The fact that Bruce sells it for $79 means that it's probably worth 1/2 of that price.  Another month and it will be down to $15.  People... hitself

thumbsup.gif

Hopefully new collectors get into the hobby by starting with this poster. My friend made a quick $1500 by selling just six one sheets/bus shelters. Damn him!!! :D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 08:35:40 AM by jedgerley »

Mirosae

« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2015, 04:35:03 PM »
Congratulations  to your friend. That's good money!

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2015, 08:39:04 PM »
Pauls friend? I guess a quid is nothing to sneeze at :p
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2015, 03:39:12 AM »
Well, I won't loose sleep financially as I paid less then £10 for the Quad, 1sht, Banner, letter, and trailer..

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2015, 04:20:57 AM »
SELL SELL SELL SELL
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2015, 08:46:47 AM »
Well, I won't loose sleep financially as I paid less then £10 for the Quad, 1sht, Banner, letter, and trailer..

Thats too much!   :)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2015, 09:40:36 AM »
Hopefully new collectors get into the hobby by starting with this poster.
Interesting comment although this situation probably failed to do just that, either you woke up hungover on the butt end of the week realizing you'd overpaid hundreds of dollars for comparatively worthless paper, OR you made a quick buck flipping just another item on ebay as an investment move and not as a collector.

I always hesitate between sharing information on sources (e/g Emovie) so that I might draw more people into the hobby, and (hypothetically) raise the value of my posters, versus the reality of creating more competition for myslef when bidding on those same sites. Where's the compromise? 

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2015, 10:59:23 AM »
Yup yup. Some days my glass is half full and some days its half empty. To hear about movie posters on NPR was interesting and brought some needed attention to the hobby. Not often you hear about posters on national radio unless its some kind of haggardly scandal. Created a small buzz. I even heard people talking about posters in my coffeeshop a couple times. But ya i agree, i hope the keep their hands off the paper i want.  devil 2

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2015, 11:42:32 AM »
I actually do not think buying posters for $200 to then realize you were duped and your poster is worth $5 is going to bring new collectors to the hobby.  I think it will deter them from the hobby.  So I for one do not applaud people who made a profit out of people's stupidity and lack of knowledge.  There is a reason none of us would have bought this poster for $100.  We all know better.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2015, 11:52:30 AM »
Man I am the worst at trying to state what I am thinking...I meant the attention brought to it, in my meek little mind, would hopefully spur interest in the hobby.  I didnt mean that they had to buy one at high prices but maybe they would start looking and catch the fever.  I fail constantly trying to formulate my thoughts in writing text on forums lol.  sighs  I might be better off taking the CSM approach to things lol.  I reread my first comment and totally reads as if they bought one (didnt mention at what price) they would be drawn into the hobby.  I should quote myself and reply to myself to set me straight.  Doh.gif  I would have had the same responses to my post as you guys.  I need to proof read more thats for sure lol cuz one sentence is very vague.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2015, 12:55:50 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it.  That's what forums are all about, people saying what they don't mean, people meaning what they don't say.  Multiple arguments and fights were born out of people misinterpreting others.  In your case, I understood it the way you meant it.  I was just adding to it.

Also remember that you're dealing with a bunch of freakin' foreigners, some from Canada and even as far as Australia.

And to answer your comment, I'm not sure buying one "cool" poster will lead people to buy more.  I think it's a spur of the moment kinda thing.  I wish it was what you said, but I don't believe it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2015, 01:00:30 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it.  That's what forums are all about, people saying what they don't mean, people meaning what they don't say.  Multiple arguments and fights were born out of people misinterpreting others.  In your case, I understood it the way you meant it.  I was just adding to it.

Also remember that you're dealing with a bunch of freakin' foreigners, some from Canada and even as far as Australia.

And to answer your comment, I'm not sure buying one "cool" poster will lead people to buy more.  I think it's a spur of the moment kinda thing.  I wish it was what you said, but I don't believe it.

T

Man i wish i read that 10 minutes ago. I raged and shredded my entire collection! Lol
Ya text based communication is a bitch!  Anyways i tried to backpeddle a bit so I didn't sound Candian or Australian or worst of all FRENCH!!  :)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2015, 01:12:30 PM »
All this pitting nation against nation is exactly what the North Koreans want!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2015, 02:24:24 PM »
Lol, The I just fell down a flight of stairs right after trashing the French...Iphone 6 plus is bent up real nice. I think I did manage to knock some sense into me so thats a plus.
 Go Go gadget warranty! (fingers crossed)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2015, 02:53:42 PM »
Are you serious?  Sorry to hear!