Author Topic: Is paypal always for the buyer  (Read 13174 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Is paypal always for the buyer
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2014, 11:17:17 PM »
how did he find you?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2014, 11:29:42 PM »
facebook
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Steven11788

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2014, 11:59:04 AM »
FB poster group, great group, me or my Gf(before I had a Fb) has been on there since maybe 09. I have sold to at least 50 differentiate people, some are great friends and I have done buying and selling multiple times with.  Also have always done gift and still no problems. To the old group guys I still know my rep is solid, but to new guys, when I decided to drop on the page and probably start a war, Im not sure how it will go, but as said I will on sell to people I know and if I get out for good, probably go with Bruce or one of our many on site consigners. atm I am just selling off multiples and stuff I wont frame; to nab Christmas and my new money drawing hobby, O gauge trains

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2014, 07:43:04 PM »
Steven and I met on the group.
An Error Has Occurred!

Steven11788

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2014, 07:58:52 PM »
Wasnt for Ari, I would have never found this group of fine fellas  thumbsup.gif

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2014, 09:24:49 PM »
yeah, blame the aussie
An Error Has Occurred!

Steven11788

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2014, 12:18:34 AM »
Of course bearded dragons, for everyone lol

Steven11788

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2014, 10:22:40 AM »
a bitter end, very bitter, Paypal told me to pay money back and he sends them back. so he gets to cherry pick my posters and send back what he want, since paypal said it was a he said she said. deal... funny thing is i wake up to emails  of him wanting me to just give him a little cash  and call it good. fucking scammer but I will get my posters back, whats left of them and Christmas is cancelled this year....

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2014, 10:37:28 AM »
that sucks dude. He's obviously f-cked with the wrong forum.  Let's make him pay. 

Does he have an online store I can purchase stuff from, using paypal.....
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:37:59 AM by Crazy Vick »

Steven11788

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2014, 10:45:25 AM »
facebook

It had been posted on here already

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2014, 11:31:02 AM »
Brutal
Chris

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2014, 04:28:57 PM »
It had been posted on here already

can you direct me to your comment. I may want to add something as an outsider and rip this type of thievery

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2014, 07:19:45 PM »
a bitter end, very bitter, Paypal told me to pay money back and he sends them back. so he gets to cherry pick my posters and send back what he want, since paypal said it was a he said she said. deal... funny thing is i wake up to emails  of him wanting me to just give him a little cash  and call it good. fucking scammer but I will get my posters back, whats left of them and Christmas is cancelled this year....

Hurtful, but not surprising.  At the end of the day, Paypal didn't have much of a choice, so this was the right choice after all.

You said that the buyer mentioned he didn't received Halloween.  Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised when he sends you the rest and all you've lost is Halloween.  There is still hope, no?  How many posters were there?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Steven11788

« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2014, 08:21:56 PM »
30, we settled with me getting half the money back, I had to have Christmas presents and my next pay check is after Christmas. So i settled as was scammed, As the way he talked I would have been lucky to get 2 back, then well I would open  a claim and probably loose again.... If any of that made since.. I gave up. So in words Paypal wanted me to all cash back and him send posters, he pretty much said watch me, and of course all the messages were on FB, so no proof so instead of doing the dance over knowing i would not receive them all, I just shot a number at him so he would drop claim

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2014, 07:11:00 AM »
first time I have had this.
3 sales to USA.
All funds are not cleared (paid but I cant withdraw or spend)

"The funds you receive from eBay sales may not be available for up to 21 days This could be because you are yet to meet eBay's selling and PayPal's risk standards. If the buyer reports an issue, the funds may be held for longer. However, in some cases your funds can be available sooner"

Ive been using Paypal as buyer and seller for 15 years. Never had this before.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2014, 07:22:25 AM »
first time I have had this.
3 sales to USA.
All funds are not cleared (paid but I cant withdraw or spend)
"The funds you receive from eBay sales may not be available for up to 21 days This could be because you are yet to meet eBay's selling and PayPal's risk standards. If the buyer reports an issue, the funds may be held for longer. However, in some cases your funds can be available sooner"
Ive been using Paypal as buyer and seller for 15 years. Never had this before.

I've only sold a few items and have had this notice everytime so I thought it was standard operating procedure as a new seller.  Have you recently had any issues?  I don't think you're triple A rating is being downgraded or anything...

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2014, 10:03:14 AM »
I've used the same paypal account for 15 years, but this ebay account is only a year old and only been selling a little from it, but first time it's said it. No issues. I got a refund myself today though, dodgy video adaptor from China, they didn't even argue so I guess it's common for them. I thought it was too cheap to be true.
But that's not related.
An Error Has Occurred!