Author Topic: starlight-collect (31967) ebay seller  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
starlight-collect (31967) ebay seller
« on: November 17, 2014, 03:20:44 PM »
Hi,

Has anyone bought from this chap?

He seems to have sterling reviews and feedback but as of today, I am not able to place a bid on anything.  Further to a chat with an ebay customer service person, who was just great, it seems there are either some Buer Requirements that he has instigatged or there is an ebay problem.

When trying to place a bid, the message is that he 'is not accepting bids from me at this time'.  And when I try to communicate with him in reference to this item, he is also 'not accepting any comms from me either.' !!

I have however issued a mail to him when Not in reference to a specific item and this appears to have gone through.  But as yet, it is not answered.  The ebay rep has also communicated with him.  As for my ebay profile, it is almost angelic in its purity and honesty.  There is nothing within to suggest I should be excluded.  To further clarify, he does also ship from the US to the UK.

So, anyone ever come across this?

And also, if someone has bought from him and can 'get through', if push comes to shove, would anyone be willing to bid on my behalf with a Gavel Snipe?  All costs for the product, postage and time to be recompensed.  It will be a matter of $40-50, if that, all told.

Cheers all.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: starlight-collect (31967) ebay seller
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 03:27:21 PM »
I bought from him once... and while the service was swift, he sent me the completely wrong poster. I had ordered a Japanese B2 and he sent me some medium french sized poster. When I emailed and inquired about this mistake, he then said that the poster I had purchased had already been sold about 6 months to a year earlier! (even tho it had been listed).

He said something about mix ups and the person who works for him having gotten some of the inventory numbers mixed up, or some such thing.

He did issue a full refund with no problem and quickly. So that was some consolation.

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Re: starlight-collect (31967) ebay seller
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 03:32:37 PM »
Oh!

Erm.  Ok.

Well, he did just reply to say 'It should be ok now' which, when considering the number of words I had used to try to explain this issue, was contrastingly succinct.  I have asked him what the issue was, for future reference.

Cheers fella, thanks for the information.  Appreciated.