Author Topic: Favorite movie theaters, etc.  (Read 3670 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Favorite movie theaters, etc.
« on: June 21, 2010, 01:26:05 PM »
In my neighborhood CVS converted an older movie theater into a store but kept the movie theater theme:

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Favorite movie theaters, etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 02:13:42 PM »
Very cool Mel.  Never would have expected them to keep the theme and certainly not to show off some posters!
Chris

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 02:54:44 PM »
Here are pictures of my first and favorite cinema i ever worked in.
i started off as a 16year old apprentice,i even had to get a permission note from my parents to exhibit 18 cert movies.

At the time it was the biggest screen in europe,also the largest multiplex  (5 screens)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 01:04:32 AM »
Well, I just saw Inception at Gold Class Cinema in Dallas.  Incredible movie, and the theater was just as incredible.  I bought the tickets online, and as soon as I walked in, they assigned us a server who showed us to a lounge area.  All of the tables had Taschen coff ee table books, and the whole place just looked high class.  He came and took our drink order, and I took a chance on a Mojito.  I dont usually order these because I was spoiled by drinking them in Key West.  Surprisingly, theirs was very good.  They even used real mint leaves.  Upon dropping the drinks, he took our food order.  We both ordered a chicken dish to be brought out at 7:00 with iced teas and desert to follow at 7:15 (the movie started at 6).  At about 10 till 6, the server showed us to our seats in the theater.  These things were plush microfibre with push button lounging and a compartment on the side for things such as jackets or purses.  The seats are in groups of 2 with a small table between them and a call button.  He offered us blankets and pillows at this time as well.  Our food came promptly at 7 and 7:15 as ordered.  It was slightly above average, but the dessert was great.  They brought the check just as the credits appeared.

The tickets were $25 apiece, and our total bill for 2 dinners, 2 drinks, 2 iced teas, and dessert was $52.  I was highly impressed and will be a repeat customer.  If you are in a city that has one of these (they are in Texas, Illinois, California, and Wash St.), I would recommend checking it out.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 01:32:18 AM »
I wonder how up to date this info is as Dallas isn't on there.  Hopefully there's one closer than Bolingbrook, as it sounds like a nice experience

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 01:33:42 AM »
Thats up to date.  Fairview is a Dallas suburb though it has been mostly swallowed by its neighboring 'burb Allen by now.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 11:22:30 AM »
Heres a link fom the website(video tour)

Its the one in Pasadena CA.

Looks great

We tried something similar over here about 10 years ago,When our cinema chain was owned by Virgin,Branson tried to bring a bit of business class to the Cinema experience,it worked ok for a while but really depends on people buying the food and drink extras,, when customers stopped doing that and just used it as a regular cinema it didnt work so all these things where slimmed down.
Should be different over there due to the large population....

http://www.goldclasscinemas.com/About-Gold-Class-Cinemas/Gold-Class-Cinemas-Tour.htm