Author Topic: International Postal Rates.  (Read 5571 times)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
International Postal Rates.
« on: June 19, 2010, 05:16:06 AM »
I was just wondering if perhaps we could start a thread where Members could post any links etc for everyone,if they have found a great deal for postal charges.
I recently used Royal Mail to send a package abroad and nearly fainted at the cost.  :o

Stew

guest8

Re: International Postal Rates.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 07:10:39 AM »
It seems just about anything international is expensive .. Its expensive for me to send something to my neighbors to the north (canada) and were share the same landmass !!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »
It certainly seems like domestic shipping within the US is a steal (even though it is going up in cost) compared to what other countries have to pay.

And as soon as packages "go international" the sky is the limit!
Chris

linder1

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 12:40:52 PM »
I have a corporate rate from UPS that works well for international -- it is usually about 60% of the published rates.  HOWEVER they are extremely finicky about the shape of packages and "dimensional weight" and will slap you with big excess charges if you don't toe the line.   I use them for only special situations where the package is relatively short in length and I can get it down into a box that is I think less than 3" x 3" (width/height).  Obviously this is rare.

Domestically I use Fedex Ground for big packages including big oversized heavy tubes.  I have an account with them so get about a 15% discount (not a corporate rate), and it's worked out pretty well.  And their web site for shipping is just light years ahead of dumpy UPS.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 01:54:33 PM »
Excessive postal charges are why I buy very little from abroad of late.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 02:10:49 PM by paul waines »
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 06:53:37 AM »
hey peeps... i know alot of people have trouble sending 'out' of the uk due to there pathetic prices etc... i would strongly recommend parcel2go.com
iv been finding over 30% cheaper price difference, i dont know how they do it but its cheaper non the less.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 02:10:11 PM »
Hi amoviemasterpiece,
Think i might change my profile pic  thumbup

Looking forward to this season he he.

Stew

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 04:30:09 AM »
you swine.. :P

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 11:57:11 AM »
Ive since sent out another quad in a standard length tube and found the huge cost involved in my first post was due to the slightly longer tube i needed to send it in.
The first tube was about 1.5m in length and 0.885 kg weight,
The second tube was 0.83m in length and weighed 0.435kg, the price difference between the two was £25.  :o

Stew