Author Topic: Argh! Ebay screws me over again!  (Read 3175 times)

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
Argh! Ebay screws me over again!
« on: June 17, 2010, 06:37:23 PM »
So, I bought this Halloween linen-backed one sheet for $180. When I get it, the edges of the lined had been clearly trimmed down taking some of the poster along with it on all 4 sides. Under the guise of "Ebay Buyer Protection", I filed a claim since the buyer didn't offer returns. The schmucks at Ebay decided the case in the seller's favor!!! I've just appealed the case letting them know that there was also mold on the back of the linen..all over. This is almost my last straw dealing with this shitty company.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=120583110289&view=all&tid=571061662002

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Argh! Ebay screws me over again!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 11:29:15 PM »
Well, that sucks. Yours is the first I've heard them side with a seller. Did you do something to piss somebody off?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 01:31:14 AM by brude »

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 12:36:58 AM »
You mean side with a seller? This was a normal transaction. An Ebay rep told me once the reason they don't allow sellers to leave feedback for buyers anymore is because they are trying to emulate real businesses where sellers can't complain about buyers. Well, Ebay, why don't you require a mandatory return policy if that is your goal!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 01:31:33 AM »
Me-duh...

guest8

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 06:04:40 AM »
You get a lot better results if you call and speak to one of them .. I had a friend that was fighting to get his $ back for an un-received item and he called them and explained the situation and ebay had his money refunded within the hour! Now this may have been a special case but working directly with a CSR on the phone seems to help a lot !!

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 12:00:55 PM »
I'm going to call them in a few minutes and remind them how much money I spend on their site.

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
I won the appeal! I had to explain why trimming a vintage movie poster is bad and how the trimming plus the mold destroyed any value the poster had. Ebay gave me a refund out of their pocket.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 09:35:40 PM »
Wow...goes to show that their customer service reps can make the right decision.

You just need to shove it in their face - it's easy to deny something informally over a computer but not so much when there is a live person on the other end of the line.
Chris

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 12:59:38 AM »
Yep, I need to add that to my other post. Always call about claims!