Author Topic: In need of Clerks Poster  (Read 32435 times)

Rage1073

In need of Clerks Poster
« on: October 16, 2014, 01:44:31 AM »
Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anyone had a Clerks poster for sale

« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:59:05 AM by Rage1073 »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: In need of Clerks Poster
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 02:51:44 AM »
I moved it to the right section for you, so you're good to go, Rage.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:00:32 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Rage1073

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 03:59:26 AM »
Thabks a lot, much appreciated

Offline movieart.com

• Collector
    • Kirby McDaniel MovieArt
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 10:15:15 AM »
Here is a poster for CLERKS.  This is the advance or teaser one sheet.

http://www.movieart.com/clerks-1994-19778/

inquire kirby@movieart.com

Kirby McDaniel
MovieArt Original Film Posters
P.O. Box 50292
Austin TX USA 78763-0292
www.movieart.com
posters@movieart.com

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 10:07:22 PM »
Kirby is everywhere! nice stuff man.

Rage here is something that you may or may not like.  
Signed by Kevin Smith.  
Mounted on foam core, single owner, new tires... runs like a champ lol

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 10:10:01 PM by jedgerley »

Offline syracuselaxfan

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 01:46:50 AM »
Kirby is everywhere! nice stuff man.

Rage here is something that you may or may not like.  
Signed by Kevin Smith.  
Mounted on foam core, single owner, new tires... runs like a champ lol

I own the same Clerks II poster, just wondering why it was mounted on foam core? Isn't that rather taboo amongst collectors? On another note, I'm thrilled my Clerks poster is retailing for $125 these days!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:56:42 AM by syracuselaxfan »
Chris S.

Rage1073

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 02:40:56 AM »
I actually have a clerks 2 poster that I got signed by Rosario Dawson at SXSW. We had to do a job with her on a project for Google and we went out for drinks and stuff, it was pretty fun. Hoping to get my poster signed by Kevin Smith at Comikaze in a couple weeks

Offline syracuselaxfan

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 03:04:08 AM »
I actually have a clerks 2 poster that I got signed by Rosario Dawson at SXSW. We had to do a job with her on a project for Google and we went out for drinks and stuff, it was pretty fun. Hoping to get my poster signed by Kevin Smith at Comikaze in a couple weeks

thumbsup.gif   Kevin is easily approachable, so it shouldn't be too difficult. Is he doing any of his live podcasts during that weekend? If so, you may be able to get autographs from Jay Mewes and Scott Mosier as well. If you bring the original Clerks poster, I see Marilyn Ghigliotti will be signing too.

Chris S.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 03:04:32 AM »
I own the same Clerks II poster, just wondering why it was mounted on foam core? Isn't that rather taboo amongst collectors? On another note, I'm thrilled my Clerks poster is retailing for $125 these days!

Or sometimes you can get them for this:  ;)

Clerks US OS

-Jeff

Offline syracuselaxfan

• Hobbyist
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 03:05:56 AM »
Or sometimes you can get them for this:  ;)

Clerks US OS

Yeah, that seems more likely ;)
Chris S.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 08:18:28 AM »

It was mounted when I worked at a promotions firm that did advance screenings of movies and had a Q&A.
I wish it wasn't mounted too. If it wasn't signed I wouldn't have kept it. I have about 5 posters that are signed and mounted. I guess I should soak it for a day or two.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 12:44:49 PM »
Jason.. any idea what what was used to mount them? Just guessing here but i wouldnt be surprised if some kind of 77 spray adhesive might have been used. Those would be a bugger to get unmounted, I have a feeling.   :-\

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 01:06:51 PM »
Jason.. any idea what what was used to mount them? Just guessing here but i wouldnt be surprised if some kind of 77 spray adhesive might have been used. Those would be a bugger to get unmounted, I have a feeling.   :-\

It is could be a spray adhesive because I have seen the printer we used mount some in his shop for us. It could also have been a adhesive that was rolled onto the foam, seen it done their that way too (probably equally as bad. Neither approach are meant to be reversible.  so its not water soluble? guessing a heat gun may not help either once the glue sets. I never looked into it just read a couple posts on APF in the past.  I have about 15 others that are mounted from the same shop to test on first.  Ill soak one of those to see what happens and let you know. maybe benzine is worth a try? i dunno.... Charlie or Dario whats the approach?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:08:20 PM by jedgerley »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 01:10:22 PM »
If it was a 77 Spray Adhesive made by 3M (or similar) i dont think these are water soluble.

Good luck with the soak test, in any case!

-Jeff

Rage1073

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 02:01:10 PM »
I ended up buying a legit one at Frank and sons for 40$ and it was nice and crisp so I'm going to take that one. He is doing a podcast the day im going which is saturday so I'm hoping to get it signed by as many of the cast members that are there as possible

Offline syracuselaxfan

• Hobbyist
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 09:16:09 PM »
I ended up buying a legit one at Frank and sons for 40$ and it was nice and crisp so I'm going to take that one. He is doing a podcast the day im going which is saturday so I'm hoping to get it signed by as many of the cast members that are there as possible

Which podcast? Ralph Garmin is also in town, so my guess is Hollywood BabbleOn will be recorded, but that's just those two.

Soaking the Clerks II poster - Please check with Dario or Charlie before doing that. I've asked about having autographed posters line backed in the past and was told the backer couldn't guarantee the signatures wouldn't be destroyed by the process. I think it was the deacidification process, but I'll let the experts chime in.
Chris S.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 10:23:06 PM »
This poster was reprinted like crazy at the time of release and they are all over the place.  Just so you know...

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2014, 11:10:29 PM »
Nice of you to chime in after Rage said he picked up a legit one, Jason.  wynk  You sound like Cinemasterpieces: "There are known reprints and/or reproductions of this poster."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:14:48 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 11:20:29 PM »
The vast majority of these for sale are the reprints.  He should still check it out regardless of where he is in the purchase cycle.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2014, 11:57:08 PM »
We could go to every thread, regarding numerous posters and say "there are known reprints..."  That would be really silly, especially when most people here probably know how to tell if one is an original or not.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:05:47 AM by NeoLoco »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 12:01:53 AM »
Rage, that signing sounds cool.  I remember seeing Clerks when it was first released on video back in the day.  It's a classic, and those guys seem like they're alright.  cool1

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 06:31:17 AM »
We could go to every thread, regarding numerous posters and say "there are known reprints..."  That would be really silly, especially when most people here probably know how to tell if one is an original or not.
Well, I didn't say that "there are know reprints", I said that it 'was reprinted like crazy', also, it (the commercial reprint) was sold some theaters at the time, which was highly unusual.  All of which creates a higher than usual level of confusion regarding this poster...

I have no idea where Rage falls on the collector knowledge spectrum, so I just wanted to give him a heads up if he wasn't already aware. No harm, no foul if he's already up on this title and I'd rather err on the side of caution.

What business it is of yours is unclear...

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2014, 10:50:26 AM »
Well, Jason, it's none of your business to tell a guy that "the vast majority of these for sale are the reprints," implying that his poster is probably a reprint, although he just said it's a legit one.  The next time you make a claim like that, afterward just say "and I base that on absolutely nothing," or provide some statistical analysis that supports it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:31:49 AM by NeoLoco »

Rage1073

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2014, 02:30:40 PM »
It's ok guys, I'm 99% sure it's real, I haven't been doing it long but I have picked up a few "skillz" along these past couple years lol. Thanks for the concern though, if it turns out it isn't real then it's ok, it's not something I'm planning to ever sell or get rid of, love the movie and I'm looking forward to the experience of the con itself

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2014, 02:56:41 PM »
Right on, Rage.  cool1