Author Topic: Galerie filmposter.net Website Update: 100 International Movie Posters  (Read 4098 times)

Offline filmposter.net

• Beginner
    • Galerie filmposter.net
Just listed 100 new posters on the website, including a large Italian LA DOLCE VITA Dancer Style and a never before offered AUTHENTIC Saul Bass designed window card for the 1961 San Francisco International Film Festival:

http://www.filmposter.net/en/new-additions/

Thanks for your interest!

Helmut
“You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you odd.” ― Flannery O'Connor

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Re: Galerie filmposter.net Website Update: 100 International Movie Posters
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 03:05:27 PM »
Wow, I saw you post the Dolce Vita yesterday and it's already gone!  That poster has been on fire lately.  Congrats Helmut!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 04:13:33 PM »
If it sold at asking price that's very impressive
Chris

Offline filmposter.net

• Beginner
    • Galerie filmposter.net
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 04:47:10 PM »
Well, LA DOLCE VITA is not sold yet, but I have a client who is seriously interested, so I put it on hold. Unfortunately, the webshop has no option to show 'On Hold', so far it's either 'In Stock' or 'Not in Stock'.
“You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you odd.” ― Flannery O'Connor

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »
Nevermind La Dolce Vita, Pin-Down Girl is awesome!
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 07:34:55 PM »
I wondered who won this German piece and where it went to, when it was on the bay back in early July. I was watching this, too. (With its rarity and age, I'm assuming this is the same copy).

'Tis a beautiful poster, indeed.  thumbsup.gif

http://www.filmposter.net/en/abschied-farewell-original-release-german-movie-poster/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ABSCHIED-SO-SIND-DIE-MENSCHEN-ORIGINAL-GERMAN-MOVIE-POSTER-1930-BRIGITTE-HORNEY-/191612866999?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9d0451b7&nma=true&si=7cpGsQeTX5QHGYL7WwJtR8yWnts%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:35:22 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline filmposter.net

• Beginner
    • Galerie filmposter.net
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 09:08:44 AM »
Nevermind La Dolce Vita, Pin-Down Girl is awesome!

If you're at all into vintage exploitation, you gotta love this one. Technically, the movie DOES deliver, but the female wrestling shown is boring beyond belief, not at all what the poster promises. Looking at the poor shape it is in, it looks as if this poster alone was responsible for hordes of disappointed men...

Offline filmposter.net

• Beginner
    • Galerie filmposter.net
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 09:13:21 AM »
I wondered who won this German piece and where it went to, when it was on the bay back in early July. I was watching this, too. (With its rarity and age, I'm assuming this is the same copy).

No surprise, it's the same one. I was quite confident to win this on ebay, but, truth be told, the final price was a joke. Given the amazing design, the rarity of the poster and the importance of the director, this should be in a museum.

For all I know, none of the german institutions own this poster. Unfortunately, they are all looking for donations, while I'm looking to pay my rent.

Helmut
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 11:02:15 AM by filmposter.net »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 10:04:18 AM »

For all I know, none of the german institutions owns this poster. Unfortunately, they are all looking for donations, while I'm looking to pay my rent.

Helmut

clap
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 03:10:41 PM »
It is a beaut, Helmut, there's no doubt about it. Congrats on the pickup.

-Jeff