Author Topic: Cinderella 2015 "COMING SOON" Poster  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Baleizao

• Beginner
Cinderella 2015 "COMING SOON" Poster
« on: September 06, 2014, 07:44:47 AM »
Hello,

I am very new at poster collecting and brand new to this forum.  I have come across a posting on e-Bay selling a Cinderella 2015 poster (the one with the shiny crystal slipper on a blue background) except that the seller indicates that the poster states "COMING SOON" instead of "MARCH".  In the ad, the seller has used a stock photo of the "MARCH" poster.  The seller has advised me that the "COMING SOON" poster is the international release of the poster.

I have spent days and hours scouring the internet looking for confirmation that this "COMING SOON" poster exists and information regarding when it was released.  However, I have been unsuccessful.  I have contacted the seller asking for proof of the poster's provenance but s/he has not provided it.

I'm hoping someone here can either provide me with a link confirming the authenticity of this poster or his/her opinion on whether I should buy it or run from it.

Thanks for your time.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Cinderella 2015 "COMING SOON" Poster
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 12:33:39 PM »
Have you asked the seller for a photo of the poster he/she has?

At least, then, you could see exactly what it is they are offering.  ;)

-Jeff

Offline Baleizao

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 03:11:32 PM »
Yes, I did.  I did not receive a response.  I must admit that I find the seller's lack of professionalism on this to be

Offline Baleizao

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 03:13:03 PM »
extremely perplexing since s/he has a 100% positive feedback on eBay with almost 30,000 transactions.  If his/her status on e-Bay wasn't so good, I would have run from this right away. 

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 03:21:45 PM »
If the poster measures 27 x 40" and is double sided and the seller has good feedback (with a history of selling posters), I think you're probably fine. I can't see that it would make sense to bootleg this title as it doesn't seem too rare or valuable?

If you're worried though, perhaps go for one of the 'March' releases? There seem to be a few on ebay. Again, make sure it's 27 x 40, double sided and seller has decent poster related feedback.

Offline Baleizao

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 07:13:01 PM »
Thanks, Tob.  I'll likely end up following your advice. 

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 05:06:47 PM »
I'm the seller folks if that helps any.

As to the unprofessionalism.. one man show, have a 40+ hour a week profession, 2 kids, in school 3 nights a week and ship 150-200 tubes a week, plus.. well life.

It comes down to time. I said it is original multiple times, I also said to question me as the seller here, not what I was selling and that should get you an answer here as well. I have a money back guarantee so there was no risk involved in the purchase.

I really doubt you will find anyone in this hobby that feels I have screwed them on a transaction and I do take my reputation seriously. Now to be quite honest, not trying to be an ass, I was offended that the posters were being questioned after stating already they were originals. As long as I have been selling now; it gets to the point where if someone doubts what you are selling it might not be worth the 15.00 of the transaction. Many times even after it arrives people still don't believe it for some reason or another as they have it in their head already that the poster is not an original.

Here are the pictures, as stated before, these were for the international market, where the March ones were for the domestic US release.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 05:45:53 PM by ddilts399 »

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 05:33:07 PM »
Ah, if I'd known it was Dale my response would have been very different. You can trust him 100%...I've had numerous excellent transactions with him and he is as good as poster sellers get :)

Offline Baleizao

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 06:38:37 AM »
Thank you for the pics.  I have purchased the poster from you.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 09:23:31 AM »
Alls well that ends well
Chris

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 09:27:48 AM »
Now to be quite honest, not trying to be an ass, I was offended that the posters were being questioned after stating already they were originals.

To be brutally honest fella, Bradburied would have equally offered many assurances of originality too...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 01:39:45 PM »
To be brutally honest fella, Bradburied would have equally offered many assurances of originality too...

Yes but this is where the important of reputation comes into play
Chris

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 05:24:31 PM »
Yup - but to those in the know.

To those Not in the know, this is his reputation.

bradburied (16274)
99.7% Positive feedback

Nothing seemingly wrong with that, is there?

Hence why this chap is right to harass an answer on these boards, to my mind.