Author Topic: emovieposter to Canada  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Sunsanvil

• Beginner
emovieposter to Canada
« on: August 29, 2014, 06:44:43 AM »
Just wondering if some Canadians could share their experience in terms of receiving from emovieposter.  Have you been dinged with sales tax and/or brokerage?  Does anyone use a friend or relative in the US as an intermediate?

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: emovieposter to Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 08:22:06 AM »
Just wondering if some Canadians could share their experience in terms of receiving from emovieposter.  Have you been dinged with sales tax and/or brokerage?  Does anyone use a friend or relative in the US as an intermediate?

Out of about 20 tubes delivered to my house by EMP I've only had to pay duties in one instance. They weren't ghastly eye-gouging brokerage fees but just regular duties by Canada Borders services.  Basically CBSA picks a truck out of 10 at the border and goes through each package, letting the other 9 trucks go through. 

What I love about EMP is that they offer up to 4 shipping options so you can really see the difference and make your decision based on the value and risk you want to take.  Not that it is much of a risk - i've never not had a package make it to my house and i've bought from places like china and ukraine(sic russia?)

Never had any sales tax issues, that would only apply local i.e. state level.  EMP has many Canadians customers.  Just note there is an override at the border and all Aussie daybills are re-routed to Chris' house.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: emovieposter to Canada
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 02:51:34 PM »
EMP has many Canadians customers.  Just note there is an override at the border and all Aussie daybills are re-routed to Chris' house.

Yes always keep this in mind.  Best not to risk trying to import daybills lest my wife start counting tubes!

My experience with eMovie is all relative to declared to value.  eMovie used to declare at whatever value you wished but now, and perhaps understandably, they are required to declare at full value.  Anything above $100 always seems to get hit with duties/taxes/BS handling fee AND increased risk of the package being opened and messed about with by the Chris Cloutiers of customs officers.

So I have turned to some very awesome and trustworthy Yankee (probably even some Confederate for that matter) middlemen over the years...
Chris