Author Topic: Moonraker Advance One Sheet 27" x 41"  (Read 4402 times)

Offline mattsw

• Beginner
Moonraker Advance One Sheet 27" x 41"
« on: August 04, 2014, 11:22:23 AM »
Hi,

I recently bought a Moonraker poster on Heritage by accident (long story).  Anyway, I don't have a frame for this, and I had not been after it in the first place, so I am hoping I can sell it to someone.  I am including the picture that Heritage had on the site (I have only had it out of the box once to look at it).  Very nice poster.  Heritage had it graded at "Very Fine-".  I am asking $60 for it (actually less than I bought for not even including buyer's premium and shipping).  I will also offer free shipping.

Thanks for looking.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: Moonraker Advance One Sheet 27" x 41"
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 11:26:31 AM »
$60 Canadian?  haha. 

You won't have any troubles selling it here methinks

Offline AjTheGreat

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 02:14:53 PM »
You try craigslist? I would say keep it.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 05:09:15 PM »
Hi,

I recently bought a Moonraker poster on Heritage by accident (long story). 

What's the story?

We have the time...

Offline AjTheGreat

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 11:33:57 PM »
What's the story?

We have the time...

Yeah we all got nothing but time....spill the beans.

Offline mattsw

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 10:36:25 AM »
Well, okay, here it goes.... :D

About a month ago I was following several items on Heritage.  The one item I really wanted was an old Pola Negri lobby card.  I followed several other items just for curiosity as to what price they would sell.  I like watching those things.  So, Heritage now wraps up their auctions with a live auction every week.  The Pola Negri lobby card came up for bid during the live auction, I bid a couple of times, kept getting outbid, and decided I had bid as much as I wanted to pay.  So, I lost.  At that point, I should have gone to bed.  But no; I sat there watching other bids go by.  Then, coming up in the queue is a Mothra title card that was still at a good price that I had also been watching.  So, I decided to make a go at it.  I watched the ones before it go, and I thought Mothra was next.  Well, it was not.  Moonraker was.  So, while I thought Mothra popped up for auction, it was still next in the queue.  I am paying more attention to the bid amounts than the title.  I bid a couple of times, and for a Mothra title card I was still pleased at the price I was paying.  And I was the high bidder as the seconds were ticking down.  It was then that I realized I was bidding on the wrong item.  But, at that point, too late.  Time ticked down, and I was the unintended owner of a Moonraker poster.  Now, I did take it out when I received it and it is a very nice poster.  As noted above, Heritage graded it at Very Fine-.  And Moonraker is not a bad movie.  But, it just is not my thing.  So, I can keep it I suppose, or I can try to recoup at least some of the money and put it towards something else that I want.  If it does not sell here I will probably end up keeping it. 

I initially was going to keep it and hang it in the office.  That would eliminate my bringing it home and any questions from the wife as to why I bought a poster (I have only lobby cards) and I might end up admitting to her what a dumb thing I did.  I would like to avoid that.  But when I opened it here in my office I had two female employees telling me that the women were not quite dressed enough in the picture and it would likely not be appropriate to hang in the office. 

So, that is where I am today.  BTW, I now pay much closer attention to make sure I am bidding on the correct item.   :D

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 10:41:00 AM »
A hilarious story sir.

I would have been more concerned by what your wife's concerns might be than the length of the story on these boards though.

However, the story is not quite complete.  Did you then correctly bid on the correct Mothra card for a correct amount, and win it?

Offline mattsw

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 12:03:30 PM »
No, I did not bid on Mothra.  I went to bed before I could cause more trouble.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 02:18:48 PM »

A required skill in this hobby!
Chris

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 05:21:10 PM »
Right.  Live to fight another day...

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 10:38:02 PM »

A mere $271 for this beauty.

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=3525609

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 03:38:02 AM »
That was a half sheet.  Albeit the designs are the same.

Heritage had it here.

http://movieposters.ha.com/itm/science-fiction/mothra-columbia-1962-title-lobby-card-11-x-14-science-fiction/a/161428-50317.s

$119.  Am guessing this was it.

Offline mattsw

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 09:09:59 AM »
Yes, that was the Mothra lobby card I was after.  Isn't it a beaut?

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 12:02:07 PM »
But when I opened it here in my office I had two female employees telling me that the women were not quite dressed enough in the picture and it would likely not be appropriate to hang in the office. 

more appropriate version?
http://fffmovieposters.com/shop/moonraker-4/

Offline mattsw

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 01:05:30 PM »
Much more appropriate.  Glad my employees pointed it out to me before I hung the poster.  Don't want to get a visit from HR.   :D