Author Topic: One Sheets Signed by Cast and/or Directors at Premiere Screenings  (Read 13042 times)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:08:50 AM by NeoLoco »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Re: One Sheets Signed by Cast and/or Directors at Premiere Screenings
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 11:42:47 AM »
After reading a few things, it seems that these autographs and the claims that they were obtained at the world premieres in LA, UK, Australia, etc., are not authentic.  I figured the numbered hologram stickers would ensure they are legit, but it appears that the holograms and numberings are forgeries.

I started this thread to see if someone might have accurate info. about these alleged "world premiere signed posters."  I've always been shocked at how much these and similar items sell for.  I just don't understand the appeal of autographs.  Famous people are people just like everyone else, of course.

Anyway, here are a few links:

From the TCL Chinese Theatres website - there is no comment on the site about signed posters from the screenings. 
http://www.tclchinesetheatres.com/upcoming-premieres/

Several people here talk about how these are fakes:
http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/fake-autographed-premiere-poster-crisis-iron-man-3-1300-fake
"All of these posters are fake. Anyone who thinks there is some type of back room vip only signing at premieres with these celebrities and that some how regulaur people who work there or attend somehow are able to just take the left overs is delusional. 100 percent fake signatures and a elaborate scam."

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/fake-cast-signed-posters-ebay-seller-q6m9vic?commentId=3524372%3AComment%3A558460&xg_source=activity
"People fall for the numbered premier hologram bs, it's a big problem with signed movie posters on eBay. The accounts eventually get shut down but not before raking in thousands. Then they just start over with a new account, like this one."

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »

Hey Brandon the second two links aren't opening?

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 12:18:24 PM »

Hey Brandon the second two links aren't opening?

The links are working on Internet Explorer and Firefox on my computer.

If you Google "Fake Autographed Premiere Poster Crisis" and "Fake Cast-Signed Posters: Ebay seller q6m9vic" the links are in the Google results.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 12:25:04 PM »
The links are working on Internet Explorer and Firefox on my computer.

If you Google "Fake Autographed Premiere Poster Crisis" and "Fake Cast-Signed Posters: Ebay seller q6m9vic" the links are in the Google results.
alrighty after trying different browsers and even my phone the intertubes have finally allowed me to see the web pages. Thanks for posting
Ya the comments are good.  Thats what I have been telling this guy.  a HUUGE red flag was he told me he messaged the buyer and wanted to purchase a signed poster before the auction closed.  The seller ended the auction which was at $1200 ish and sold it to him for $400.  The seller said that "since he bought one recently from him he would end the auction". (totally a safe move on the sellers part because he knows he wont be questioned on the authenticity for that sale IMO)
Crazy heh?  oh and the seller just kept getting more and would take requests lol.  I gave up on my acquaintance's willful ignorance.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:55:46 PM by jedgerley »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 12:49:54 PM »
alrighty after trying different browsers and even my phone the intertubes have finally allowed me to see the web pages. Thanks for posting
Ya the comments are good.  Thats what I have been telling this guy.  a HUUGE red flag was he told me he messaged the buyer and wanted to purchase a signed poster before the auction closed.  The seller ended the auction which was at $1200 ish and sold it to him for $400.  The seller said that "since he bought one recently from him he would end the auction". (totally a safe move on the sellers thinking because he knows he wont be questioned on the authenticity for that sale IMO)
Crazy heh?

Yeah.  On the bright side, at least he only paid $400.

Look at how many of these have sold on eBay recently.  A few sellers have banked thousands of $ over the last few months selling these.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/OriginalsUnited-States-/18829/i.html?_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=premiere+signed+poster&_sop=3

I remember looking around for how to obtain these from the world premieres and couldn't find any info., which raised a red flag.  Of course there is no info. on how to obtain these from the world premieres because they're fakes.

As far as the autographs, I didn't examine them until now, as I said they're really not my thing.  Looking at all those Guardians of the Galaxy one sheets, it's easy to see how several of the signatures, holograms, markers, etc. from seller to seller are different.  The same goes for some of the other titles.  

Wow.  faint2.gif
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:25:49 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 12:50:13 PM »
Interesting links Neo, thanks for posting.

I do find it difficult to believe people pay good money for these things off ebay.... But I guess a fool and his money...etc.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 12:56:48 PM »
Interesting links Neo, thanks for posting.

But I guess a fool and his money...etc.

:) cough Pirates! :) cough I am feeling foolish today sir!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 01:01:46 PM »
Haha, if you can get me Lindas Wonder woman costume signed, we've got a deal... :D

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 01:10:08 PM »
Haha, if you can get me Lindas Wonder woman costume signed, we've got a deal... :D

And I'm sure you would look Just Fabulous in that costume, too, Paul.   ;)

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 02:18:54 PM »
And I'm sure you would look Just Fabulous in that costume, too, Paul.   ;)

thumbsup.gif  

he he  ok you send me an authentic costume and I will try my best :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 02:20:45 PM by jedgerley »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 03:25:30 PM »
Fake, fake, fake, fake...  I don't care how many holograms or so-called letters of authenticity a seller provides, as far as I'm concerned, they're all fake.

The only signature I trust is one signed to me in person.  Period.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 05:23:59 PM »
thumbsup.gif  

he he  ok you send me an authentic costume and I will try my best :)

She'll have the costume...

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 07:53:17 PM »
Fake, fake, fake, fake...  I don't care how many holograms or so-called letters of authenticity a seller provides, as far as I'm concerned, they're all fake.

The only signature I trust is one signed to me in person.  Period.

T

Yup.  All this bollox about COA's being the be all and end all of proof makes me want to sh1t.

Fine, give me a COA.  What then certifies the certificate of authenticity?

Nonsense.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 11:01:16 PM »
Fake, fake, fake, fake...  I don't care how many holograms or so-called letters of authenticity a seller provides, as far as I'm concerned, they're all fake.

The only signature I trust is one signed to me in person.  Period.

T

thumbsup.gif

Anyone that buys these is simply throwing their money away... period.

And re: COAs... there are even some poster sellers/dealers that offer these... they mean nada.... it took 5 secs for these sellers/dealers to print them out on their home HP all-in-one  :P

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:03:43 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 12:11:48 AM »
What drives me crazy is to see these posters sell for 10, 20 times what they are worth because people are gullible and believe everything they are told.  Or maybe they're just stupid and deserve to buy crap.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 12:24:27 AM »
Or maybe they're just stupid and deserve to buy crap.

T

Chris

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 12:42:44 AM »
What drives me crazy is to see these posters sell for 10, 20 times what they are worth because people are gullible and believe everything they are told.  Or maybe they're just stupid and deserve to buy crap.

T

thumbsup.gif

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2014, 12:49:37 AM »

T

Tho its no different than people who buy posters from dealers or sellers that have jacked up the prices on unsigned, everyday posters, too. The uninformed or those that don't research or investigate -- and then get taken, are a dime a dozen, it seems.  Doh.gif

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2014, 11:40:53 PM »
Fake, fake, fake, fake...  I don't care how many holograms or so-called letters of authenticity a seller provides, as far as I'm concerned, they're all fake.

The only signature I trust is one signed to me in person.  Period.

T

I know of some signed posters with holograms that show they're legit, but they're UFC posters.  The night of the fights, the UFC sells 125 official "signed by card" (everyone on the fight card) event posters and they have have holograms, numbering, and COAs.  At the time I started this thread, I figured it was a similar dealio with the "world premiere" autos (forgeries), but in hindsight, and after doing a little research, the idea that studios would have a signing with some of the cast, for world premieres, is not realistic.

Of course, many cases of people getting ripped off, boil down to people not doing some research.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:29:50 AM by NeoLoco »

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 04:10:56 PM »
This is a few months old, but is an excellent article showcasing the peril in dealing with autographs - even ones certified by the big two companies.
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2014-03-27/news/fake-autographs-lucrative-business/
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 04:44:25 PM »
Great article.

thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 05:46:23 PM »
This is a few months old, but is an excellent article showcasing the peril in dealing with autographs - even ones certified by the big two companies.
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2014-03-27/news/fake-autographs-lucrative-business/

Very interesting to read about those high profile cases, with the "authenticators," and the big dealers who sold so many forgeries.  Autographs are truly one of the easiest things to counterfeit, and it's incredible how much money unscrupulous people have made dealing with fakes.

This thread should be put in the autographs sub-forum.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 06:11:19 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 11:55:55 AM »
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 11:59:20 AM by Neo »