Author Topic: New Orleans Jazz Fest Posters  (Read 10494 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

New Orleans Jazz Fest Posters
« on: December 18, 2009, 01:17:46 PM »
Anybody have any of these beautiful prints?  They are printed in limited quantities (several thousand) that are numbered and sold only at the festival each year.

I was a law student at Tulane Law School from 92-95.  I picked up the 1993 poster but stupidly passed up the 1995 "blue dog" poster for $45, which is now worth $600+.

Attached are the pics of the posters.  Here is a website with the pictures as well:

http://www.art4now.com/store/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idcategory=143

« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 03:52:32 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: New Orleans Jazz Fest Posters
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 11:04:24 PM »
they make me drool.  Such luscious color.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 10:40:18 AM »
Here's a similar poster from the "New Orleans Burlesque Festival." I rather like it and it's not too risque to hang up on the ol' wall. Here's the official website but I can't find this particular poster for sale. A lot of people on the official Facebook website are complimenting this poster and asking how to buy it but no answers are provided.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 11:08:28 AM »
Yes, I agree with Holiday, the most fascinating thing about these posters is their use of color. Very vivid and eye catching!

Chad

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 10:30:31 PM »
The official 2011 Jazz Fest poster (19x36), edition of 10,000 with some other variants.  I like the poster and I like Jimmy Buffett, so I got it.  A friend of mine actually got it for me at the festival but apparently it's still available online for $72 here.  Some years these sell out and they sell for hundreds of dollars but you never know.