Author Topic: Poster Art of John Alvin  (Read 3593 times)

guest4637

Poster Art of John Alvin
« on: June 20, 2014, 11:46:13 AM »
Not sure if its been posted yet, I just saw this one listed, comes out in August.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-John-Alvin/dp/0857689290/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_d_1

The Art of John Alvin Hardcover
by John Alvin (Author)
John Alvin's movie poster art is among the most iconic of the last 40 years, from Disney films such as Beauty and the Beast, Mulan and Pinocchio, to Empire of the Sun, Gremlins, Blazing Saddles, Predator, and the Star Wars 30th anniversary posters

This beautiful collection encompasses some of Alvin's finest work, and also includes previously unseen comprehensives and in progress sketches. Accompanied by commentary from Alvin's widow, this is a unique insight into the work of one of the 20th century's great artist/illustrators.

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
Re: Poster Art of John Alvin
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 11:57:20 AM »
Thank you - I wasn't aware of this forthcoming publication - I have placed an order. A very helpful post - welcome to the forum!

Mark

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 12:36:33 PM »
I like Alvin.  I put this little collection together a few years ago.  Probably needs some updating and I'm still missing a bunch of titles, but I've never really tried.  A new book is probably all I need to finish it.  Thanks for the link.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 12:28:44 PM »
Great post, thank you. Far to few books like this being made.

I want a british quad book, not the history of the quad and british poster production with a few pictures, but a full out coffee table image reference type book! Sim's book has the history covered, now I want more pictures and less reading.