Author Topic: Jaws Shark Found  (Read 9272 times)

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
Jaws Shark Found
« on: June 05, 2010, 09:41:25 PM »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Jaws Shark Found
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 10:15:03 PM »
Yeah, baby....Bruce is back... 

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 11:09:57 PM »
Was the boat big enough to bring it back?
Chris

Online kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 02:53:09 AM »
my question is this:

how did the owners of the junkyard right next to universal not realize that the giant animatronic shark over in the corner might be something they should check out?  Maybe they have a shitload of random animatronic beasts and just didnt care so much about the shark.  Maybe they have an animatronic lizard or gorilla sitting around that they aren't using.  A dinosaur perhaps?
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 03:48:43 AM »
Believe it or not, but most sane people do not give a shit about an old mechanical shark.  Now that it has been discovered, I wouldn't be surprised if it was returned to its junkyard once the 35th anniversary celebration is over.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 03:50:46 AM »
nah, our giant Metallica bodyguard friend with the Jaws collection will end up with it.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 09:50:36 AM »
Not if Bruce ends up with him first....   

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 03:24:24 AM »
my question is this:

how did the owners of the junkyard right next to universal not realize that the giant animatronic shark over in the corner might be something they should check out?  Maybe they have a shitload of random animatronic beasts and just didnt care so much about the shark.  Maybe they have an animatronic lizard or gorilla sitting around that they aren't using.  A dinosaur perhaps?

The shark in the junkyard was not an animatronic version of Bruce. This model was cast from the same mold and was used as a Universal Studios Tour prop, hung by its tail, where visitors on the tour could stand and have their pic taken with him. (I did that when I first came out here). The body was hollow but solid, probably cast in fiberglass (not foam latex) and painted to look just like its film brethren.

Jeff

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 02:50:40 PM »
For those of you who love Jaws, watch the Jaws doc tonight on Bio.  I saw it a couple of weeks ago, and it's really interesting.

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117942957.html?categoryId=32&cs=1

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)