Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2200041 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #7650 on: December 08, 2016, 09:10:09 PM »
Yeah, but the modal average price was still around the $20+k mark.

$77k was an utter anomaly, by all accounts.

Yes, Simon I did see those copies that HA sold 3-5 years ago going in that similar range, so the $77K result was a 'bid battle' to the finish.  gun1

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7651 on: December 08, 2016, 09:11:46 PM »
Still an ugly poster and one I would never put on my walls.  Oh wait, I don't put anything on my walls.  Nevermind ;) 

(that was a joke).
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7652 on: December 08, 2016, 09:12:12 PM »
I don't get this at all.  Aside from the title, this is one ugly poster.

T

WB could have done so much more with this poster design, imho. The drab browns and overall lack of color make it appear so lackluster.

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7653 on: December 08, 2016, 09:14:40 PM »
WB could have done so much more with this poster design, imho. The drab browns and overall lack of color make it appear so lackluster.

There are so many great Casablanca posters.  International especially.  This one is awful.

(this is not a joke.)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #7654 on: December 08, 2016, 09:14:46 PM »
How about Psycho going for $2,100 ... I'm going to need to hop on one of these soon before they get too far out of my range if that keeps up.

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4461136

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7655 on: December 08, 2016, 09:17:10 PM »
Psycho doesn't seem crazy to me.  Great title, awesome poster.  And not far from what it sells for usually.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7656 on: December 08, 2016, 09:22:31 PM »
There are so many great Casablanca posters.  International especially.  This one is awful.

(this is not a joke.)

T

I agree. It's just not memorable. When looking at it, my eyes glaze over. It's a bore.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #7657 on: December 08, 2016, 09:24:11 PM »
Looks like someone got total steal on it, tho ($26,055.00). The last one to sell on HA (was also not backed) in Nov of 2015, sold for $77,675.00   faint2.gif

Let's hope Dominique doesn't know that... he just might be  crying    ;D

I can't see any reason someone with a Casablanca poster wouldn't give it to Heritage. Their track record on this title is amazing & clearly - unmatched.

Yeah, but the modal average price was still around the $20+k mark.

$77k was an utter anomaly, by all accounts.

see my comment above. In any case $26k is a very low price.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 09:25:19 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7658 on: December 08, 2016, 09:27:42 PM »
Isn't Posterchild Dave L?  Didn't you guys say that?  If so, he probably has a client willing to fork out $77k.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #7659 on: December 08, 2016, 09:30:45 PM »
Aside from the one anomaly, Heritage's track record has been;

29k, 18, 12k, 21k, 20k 15k

By and large, Bruce has done better with this one.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7660 on: December 08, 2016, 09:36:20 PM »
I won another replacement poster that I've been unable to buy for years.
Got it tonight for a lot less than I could've on Ebay.

And, I was watching that Day of the Triffids...
Lucky me got that on Ebay for almost 1/2 what it sold for tonight.

Fuckin' win-win for me
 cheers.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7661 on: December 08, 2016, 10:12:52 PM »
yuo must be ignoring their track record since 2014 on the titles which has been into the stratosphere.

only last month they sold a Reissue Italian for $200k and a half sheet for $167k. Obviously the title has reached a special status with HA and if this poster gets turned around and sold there, the price will triple.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7662 on: December 08, 2016, 10:19:12 PM »
Actually, I was looking at Bruce's entire auction and a lot of titles sold for less than I thought they would.  Great opportunities for members of this forum, I hope...  Barbarella B, Good Bad and Ugly, Revenge of the Jedi, You Only Live Twice, the list goes on and on.  The big ones always sell for a lot, but the middle of the road posters get buried because there is just so much money people can spend in a single auction.  For instance, I won 4 posters, there were more that I wanted, some that sold for very little, but I passed on them because I put a cap of my spending.  I think it's a problem when you pack too many great titles at one time.  They should be more spread out to give buyers a chance to breathe and refuel.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #7663 on: December 08, 2016, 11:19:01 PM »
Isn't Posterchild Dave L?

Yes Dave has publicly admitted that is his handle.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #7664 on: December 08, 2016, 11:22:00 PM »
Actually, I was looking at Bruce's entire auction and a lot of titles sold for less than I thought they would.  Great opportunities for members of this forum, I hope...  Barbarella B, Good Bad and Ugly, Revenge of the Jedi, You Only Live Twice, the list goes on and on.  The big ones always sell for a lot, but the middle of the road posters get buried because there is just so much money people can spend in a single auction.  For instance, I won 4 posters, there were more that I wanted, some that sold for very little, but I passed on them because I put a cap of my spending.  I think it's a problem when you pack too many great titles at one time.  They should be more spread out to give buyers a chance to breathe and refuel.

T

Please post a list of what exactly were the "lot of titles sold for less than I thought they would". I am really curious to see what they are.

And out of curiosity, were there ANY posters that sold for MORE than you thought they would? If there were, how about a list of those as well?

Thanks!
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #7665 on: December 08, 2016, 11:23:59 PM »
Aside from the one anomaly, Heritage's track record has been;

29k, 18, 12k, 21k, 20k 15k

By and large, Bruce has done better with this one.

No fair using facts!
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #7666 on: December 08, 2016, 11:27:23 PM »

T

Now I am REALLY confused! Right before you posted the above, you posted the below in the eMoviePoster.com thread:

"Good stuff tonight, Bruce.  Everything I like.  Nice FOLDED posters.  Makes me very happy, even though a lot of what I wanted sold for way over what I could afford.  Still got a few things, though, so good times"

So how is it that in one thread you saw that "a lot of what I wanted sold for way over what I could afford" while in the other you saw that "a lot of titles sold for less than I thought they would"?

Now I REALLY want to see those lists!

Thanks.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7667 on: December 09, 2016, 12:12:37 AM »
I thought about it right after I typed the above message and decided to keep it because I still think that if you auction too many quality items at the same time, it ends up being a detriment to lesser items, which is basically what I said above.  There is just so much money to be spent.  Some people got great deals because others were too busy spending too much money elsewhere.  I'm sure it happens to Heritage too.  I don't know how to go around it, though, but you, unlike them, have the luxury of having 3 sales a week.  Or maybe there are just too many posters out there.

T
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 12:14:11 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #7668 on: December 09, 2016, 12:16:23 AM »
Talking in generalities is fine, but show me the lists. I am truly excited to see them.

Thanks!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #7669 on: December 09, 2016, 01:10:30 AM »
How about Psycho going for $2,100 ... I'm going to need to hop on one of these soon before they get too far out of my range if that keeps up.

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4461136

Zowie, CHRIS! That shocked me too. It was a LOT more than i got mine for.

I won another replacement poster that I've been unable to buy for years.
Got it tonight for a lot less than I could've on Ebay.

And, I was watching that Day of the Triffids...
Lucky me got that on Ebay for almost 1/2 what it sold for tonight.

Fuckin' win-win for me
 cheers.

Oooo TED! You scored a DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS???  Kowabunga! How uber-awesome!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

guest4868

« Reply #7670 on: December 09, 2016, 02:02:44 AM »
I wasn't expecting The Third Man to crack $1k (that was my high bid) or 2001 to shoot so far past $5k.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7671 on: December 09, 2016, 02:06:25 AM »
if using facts is fair (and of course it is) Heritage has been killing it with Casablanca posters for 2+ years, with 3 sales of $167k to $203k and several others for $25k-107k

this is an unmistakable track record

added information is that the Heritage sales have all been to collectors, while the sale last night was to a dealer, who is without a doubt going to resell the poster for a huge profit

these....... are facts!

-------

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #7672 on: December 09, 2016, 04:25:17 AM »
yuo must be ignoring their track record since 2014 on the titles which has been into the stratosphere.

only last month they sold a Reissue Italian for $200k and a half sheet for $167k. Obviously the title has reached a special status with HA and if this poster gets turned around and sold there, the price will triple.

Hi,

Perhaps I am missing something but I was comparing like-for-like poster results.  Not everything else.  The poster we're discussing is just the Casa US 1 sheet, I thought....?

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #7673 on: December 09, 2016, 06:52:27 AM »
Hi,

Perhaps I am missing something but I was comparing like-for-like poster results.  Not everything else.  The poster we're discussing is just the Casa US 1 sheet, I thought....?

No fair trying to be logical

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #7674 on: December 09, 2016, 07:55:05 AM »
Psycho doesn't seem crazy to me.  Great title, awesome poster.  And not far from what it sells for usually.

T

I agree, beautiful poster, and it is one of my top three films of all time, but it went for roughly $500-$600 more than it has been in that condition, which is around 32% more than what it's been tracking at. A pretty good jump in my book.