Author Topic: Primer - Shane Carruth Poster Wanted  (Read 2987 times)

Dreadpiratewiseman

Primer - Shane Carruth Poster Wanted
« on: March 25, 2013, 11:48:24 PM »
Looking for any original poster from the 2004 movie Primer.  Thank you for your help. 

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
Re: Primer - Shane Carruth Poster Wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 12:16:01 AM »
We have another Dread Pirate! Welcome to APF. Surely someone here who's more into modern posters can give you a hand.
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Dreadpiratewiseman

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 12:40:07 AM »
Thanks!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 01:11:15 AM »
But who is the true Wise Man?
Chris

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 06:15:09 AM »
What's a dread pirate?

Welcome

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 10:56:31 AM »
Its a toughie.  Its box office schedule looked like this:

(19 December 2004) (5 Screens)
(12 December 2004) (20 Screens)
(5 December 2004) (23 Screens)
(21 November 2004) (10 Screens)
(14 November 2004) (19 Screens)
(7 November 2004) (20 Screens)
(31 October 2004) (31 Screens)
(24 October 2004) (29 Screens)
(17 October 2004) (19 Screens)
(10 October 2004) (4 Screens)

What this tells you is that it peaked out at 31 screens.  This does not mean that it only played in 31 theaters as there were probably some that dropped it and some that picked it up.  I would guess 40 max though with each receiving maybe 2 posters.  Some were definitely left out for cast and crew, so possibly 100-200 posters printed??  Someone like Dale might be able help more with this question though.  Any idea how THINKFilm runs things Dale?  It had limited foreign releases as well, but there are surely less of any foreign posters than the US one sheets.  Finally, it was featured in a whole bunch of film festivals, most notably Cannes and Sundance.  But, any posters from these festivals are notoriously hard to come by as well.  I sent you a PM with my best lead on one.  I hope you are able to track one down.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:40:25 AM by kovacs01 »
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 10:54:39 AM »
Thinkfilm is a nightmare to get posters on now. They normally send 1 poster to a theater and only when you book a playdate. Before an independent distributor went out of business they were a little easier to get, but now I believe Thinkfilm is self distributing.

Primer was distributed by the independent so there may be a few more out in the wild than the more recent films. I had some at one time, but I think I have sold through all the extras I had.

I have no clue who these folks are, but based on their "catalog" I would guess that these are original.

http://www.stargatecinema.com/primer-advance-movie-poster.html

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 02:39:58 PM »
I have no clue who these folks are, but based on their "catalog" I would guess that these are original.

http://www.stargatecinema.com/primer-advance-movie-poster.html

I have seen this before Dale.  I have bought some home theater decor, seating, etc from these folks before.  They have some posters, but they cater to home theater enthusiasts who want them as decor rather than to collectors.  What worries me is the "original movie poster print" verbiage.  It definitely would not hurt to call them, Jason, and see what they have to say.

Try to find out what their source is, if you can.  If they say Moviegoods or some other outfit like them (iceposter is a new one I think?), then stay away.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 12:56:52 PM »
I have 2 original primers for sale. Holiday just registered me yesterday. Let me how to send ya pics and you can make me an offer after you see them. One of the primers is possibly being sold they both are in really really good condition. So whoever gets to me first will get the nicer one even though they are basically the same condition.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 03:59:46 PM »
I looked into stargate cinemas today,

called them and asked how many primers they could get.  They asked their supplier and this was the response from the supplier to Stargate and my response back to stargate.

I know an apf member bought one of these not long ago so the suppliers story doesn't jive.
Stargate Cinemas response
Hi Jason,

The supplier got back to me already – unfortunately their Primer posters were pulled by the film company a few years ago it looks like; they were only still accessible on our site due to a search engine glitch. They had been able to procure a very small amount around five years ago but their stock was quickly exhausted and they’re no longer able to get any. I’m sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks,
 John F. Weeks
 customer service associate
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My response:
Interesting because i had a friend order one not long ago from your site.  I believe supplier sells you reprints/bootlegs. I hope it get taken off your website.

anyways I know Posteritati is looking for one so don't buy from Stargate. I suspect they will continue to have them available even though the guy said the aren't available.
I haven't decided if I want to sell mine.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:02:42 PM by jedgerley »

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2014, 08:49:58 PM »
Update: they took it off the website