Author Topic: Attack of the Clones IMAX  (Read 2004 times)

Offline thebhuhhuh77

• Beginner
Attack of the Clones IMAX
« on: May 26, 2021, 07:36:29 AM »
Hi guys.

Someone on eBay is selling and has sold a rather large quantity of this poster. He touts them as being original and double sided but the size is measuring 26 3/4 x 40 inches.

Price seems too good to be true so gonna go with the old adage that it is.

Are there reprints or fakes of this poster known to be out there.

Thanks in advance.

Brian.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Re: Attack of the Clones IMAX
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 04:18:55 PM »
Guessing you are referring to this one- Attack of the Clones Yoda Imax

Very hard to say. It is possible he came into a stack of them as it has happened before for different posters.

On the negative side- He says the poster is smaller than the correct 27"x40" at 26.75". I cannot access mine easily to measure so cannot give you a direct comparison and some times especially on lower price posters dealers and auction houses do not always measure every one they sell so derivations can be missed. His description also uses a lot of the typical "reprint" warning keywords/phrases like "NEW" in capitols. The quantity, has sold over 100, makes it a bit more suspect as well.

On the plus side- He has listed the poster in the "Posters>Originals-United States>2000-Now" category so, speaking from experience, if you take a gamble, get the poster, and on inspection find out it is a repro or bootleg it is a no brainer to get a full refund including shipping through E-Bay. The seller will usually take it back without question, if not the dispute process will go your way on it. He also uses the phrase "This is brand new old stock." which means that it is supposed to be original stock, not a later print from somewhere else but in as new condition also referred to as NOS in the car world among other places.

In the neutral corner- Although the price is a little low $40 with shipping, it is not insanely low.

If I were in the market for one, at $40, I would give it a shot knowing that I could get my money back and would only be out a little bit of time.

Just me 2 cents.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline thebhuhhuh77

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 07:45:59 AM »
Thank you Mr Undead.

He kinda ticked all the boxes on my list of suspect too.

My database shows the measurements for the one I previously owned as 27 x 40 too and this one being measured at the stated 26 3/4 tells me that he measured it at that. The seller doesn't sell any other posters from what I've seen of his store.

Gonna take that 'Rain Check' on it as originally the listing stated that there were only 6 available and then it shot up to more than 10 available.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 11:04:00 AM »
Hopefully you will come across one that you are comfortable with soon.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!