Author Topic: Summer 2010  (Read 16368 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Summer 2010
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 06:44:04 PM »
One of my good friend's father owns the rights to Hawaii Five-O.  They have a TV show in the works (in which he has no involvement), but it looks like the show will DOA.  If it does, the big screen version is his.  But now that A-Team tanked, it might be increasingly harder to pull it off (not that it hasn't been for the past 20 years).
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 05:19:27 PM »
How to fuck up a release and kill a movie:

Case in point, Knight and Day.

"Sella contends that the silhouette-style representations of the film's stars weren't meant to hide the actors from view. "I was doing an homage to [fabled title designer] Saul Bass," he explained. "It was a way for us to signal that this was a different, adult kind of movie. The whole campaign was designed to evoke a film like 'North by Northwest.' It wasn't in any way us trying to hide anyone, simply to make the film look unique, so you didn't just look at the billboards as if they were designed to say, 'The Two Stars Go Here.' ""

Full article: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the_big_picture/2010/06/foxs-tony-sella-on-knight-and-day-blame-game-blame-me-not-tom-cruise.html

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 05:40:14 PM »
The Freud translation seems to be "Yeah i know the poster is dogs S**t but it reflects the film quite accurately".

Stew

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 07:37:31 PM »
"Sella contends that the silhouette-style representations of the film's stars weren't meant to hide the actors from view. "I was doing an homage to [fabled title designer] Saul Bass," he explained. "It was a way for us to signal that this was a different, adult kind of movie. The whole campaign was designed to evoke a film like 'North by Northwest.' It wasn't in any way us trying to hide anyone, simply to make the film look unique, so you didn't just look at the billboards as if they were designed to say, 'The Two Stars Go Here.' ""

The international version (with the actors pictured) is god awful hideous - has to be the worst poster of the year:

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 06:27:39 PM »
Well, Cameron Diaz is hideous, so showing her picture will always get a thumb down from me.

More summer news...

Eclipse opened last night to $30,000,000.  That's right, in one night, and it is the new record.  I'm seeing it on Friday (had to buy my tix 4 days ago to shows that were almost sold out), but I heard it ain't bad.  Has anyone seen it yet?

T
My Personal Collection

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 07:25:59 PM »
Cameron Diaz is hideous....

I beg to differ:

From Charlie's Angels (a hideous movie to be sure) but great poster from the other general manager of this joint:

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 08:24:49 PM »
I'd take her over Uma Therman any day

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 08:31:29 PM »
Me too.

Ah, the magic of cinema...

My Personal Collection

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2010, 09:41:25 PM »
I gotta agree. I have never found Diaz attractive in either looks or personality at all...
Chris

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2010, 11:02:42 PM »
Eclipse opened last night to $30,000,000.  That's right, in one night, and it is the new record.  I'm seeing it on Friday (had to buy my tix 4 days ago to shows that were almost sold out), but I heard it ain't bad.  Has anyone seen it yet?
T

Now you have me confused....How can a guy with such lofty taste in posters even consider buying a ticket to Twilight: Eclipse?  I am dumbfounded. The first was barely watchable.  The second was utter garbage.  I will not see the third chapter in this abysmal series unless I am forced to watch it on syndicated TV from my jail cell.

Even my 11-year-old daughter, who has read the books and done the dance, stepped off that franchise after round two.  She's reading Vampire Academy now, which she feels is far better.

$30 mil opening night just reinforces my beliefs that boxoffice records don't mean a farging thing...

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2010, 01:26:25 AM »
Hold on here, no one can see this if you post on the internet right?

The Diaz dance in the panties scene in any film is smokin hot, rewatch and check back...

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2010, 02:06:13 AM »
The first was barely watchable.  The second was utter garbage. 
Never saw the second one but I could not watch the first one. It was so terrible and what was up with Robert Pattinson acting like he had to take a shit every time he talked in the movie? I guess he was trying to act like a badass and it came off like he was constipated the whole time.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2010, 12:08:30 PM »
If Cameron Diaz has any more Botox,Industrial light and magic will be needed to render some CGI lip movement for her.

Stew

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2010, 01:41:51 PM »
Now you have me confused....How can a guy with such lofty taste in posters even consider buying a ticket to Twilight: Eclipse?  I am dumbfounded. The first was barely watchable.  The second was utter garbage.  I will not see the third chapter in this abysmal series unless I am forced to watch it on syndicated TV from my jail cell.

Even my 11-year-old daughter, who has read the books and done the dance, stepped off that franchise after round two.  She's reading Vampire Academy now, which she feels is far better.

$30 mil opening night just reinforces my beliefs that boxoffice records don't mean a farging thing...

Well, yeah, I actually do like these movies.  That's the little girl in me.  I like vampires, I like werewolves, I like teenage angst and Kirsten Stewart is cute.  Plus, the 3rd one is supposed to be better than the first two.  Why can't someone like Lang, Hitchcock, Truffaut, Wenders, Spielberg and Twilight?  I'll tell you what I don't like: I don't like Sarah Jessica Parker and I don't like Cameron Diaz.  Aside from that, I like entertainment.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2010, 02:55:37 PM »
I'll tell you what I don't like: I don't like Sarah Jessica Parker

Amen!