Author Topic: Ebay seller "cglaberson" ??  (Read 5269 times)

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
Ebay seller "cglaberson" ??
« on: May 30, 2010, 09:00:23 PM »
So I bought 3 posters from this seller a few days ago and everything was great. I just tried to bid on another one of their posters and it said the seller has blocked me?? There is absolutely no reason for the seller to have done this. I can't even come up with any reason, much less one that makes any sense.

Has anyone had any similar bizarro experiences with this seller?

I guess the good news is that the economy must be in full recovery mode if these sellers can block buyers with almost 900 positive feedback with a percent of %99.8.

Yay for better economy!!

spacething

Re: Ebay seller "cglaberson" ??
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 09:28:57 PM »

I've bought from him before and have been happy with my purchases.  It might be a glitch in the ebay system or something.  There have been times when I have been "blocked" from bidding on other things and it turned out to be some sort of weird computer glitch.  I would contact the seller about it.

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 09:49:38 PM »
Yeah, I sent 2 messages and no replies yet. Hmmm.

linder1

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 09:52:16 PM »
He's probably at Cinevent.  You might expect a bit of a delay.

wonka

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 12:14:11 AM »
Cory was at Cinevent all weekend and was busy selling his wares.  Give him some time.

He's an extremely nice guy, BTW.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 06:20:07 PM »
Ummmm Chop-Top do you really think you had grounds to leave negative feedback with respect to these 3 items in question?

If he is sending you the posters, what grounds are you basing the negative on - you surely can't be serious it is because he has not left you feedback from a prior auction or due to the fact he has blocked you from future auctions?!

MANY sellers and even buyers fail to leave feedback but so long as the transaction was completed to both party's satisfaction the feedback is basically completely irrelevant.

I don't know Cory and have never bought anything from him but I think you have completely jumped the gun here Chop-Top (unless there is some aspect you're omitting).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:53:04 PM by CSM »
Chris

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 07:48:01 PM »
Hey Chop Top,

I have to agree with Chris. I think it's a bit harsh since you received the posters in question.
Negative feedback because he never left you feedback in return???  eyeroll

Cj

spacething

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 07:53:13 PM »

MANY sellers and even buyers fail to leave feedback

It's true, I've sold on ebay before and it really annoys me when someone fails to leave feedback because I am pretty diligent about leaving feedback for every transaction whether I'm buying or selling.  But a lot of people DO fail to leave feedback and that's to be expected sometimes.  I think a better course of action would have been to give the seller some more time, and if he never gets back to you, just don't leave feedback at all.  In my opinion, negative feedback is a last resort for a transaction gone wrong that the seller is completely unresponsive to making right.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 08:10:28 PM »
why do you care? do you collect posters? or FEEDBACK?
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Carson

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 08:25:10 PM »
Done. That felt pretty good. I've only left negative feedback about 6 times or so since 2001. I should also throw in that he never responded to messages either. What a DARN nice guy!?

If you have a modicum of common sense, Chop, and you don't based on your previous posts, you'd begin by apologizing to the seller for being a clueless newb and consider changing the negatives.

I'll contact the seller in fact. I've dealt with him more than a few times and could not be happier. Add to which he's a very good guy. One who shouldn't have to endure imbeciles like Chop Top making a game of feedback.

wonka

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 08:32:09 PM »
Glad you guys chimed in here on behalf of Corey.  I talked with him a few times on Saturday, and to be sure, he is extremely sincere and genuine...just an extremely nice man, just has he has been the other times I saw him in the past.  Nothing but a class act as a person and as a dealer.

Chop, I second what Carson and Ari are saying.  What you did and how you are describing your feel good actions of a red negative are just silly and ridiculous...get real, man.  I don't blame him for banning you, I would do the same thing at this point.