Author Topic: The Face of Love poster  (Read 3500 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
The Face of Love poster
« on: April 09, 2014, 11:13:38 PM »
A friend of mine directed this movie and he wants this Korean poster.  Yes, I know, it's ridiculous that he cannot get it, but he can't.

Anyone knows how to get it?

Thanks,

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: The Face of Love poster
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 11:41:59 PM »
T,

How did you find the poster image that u posted?

Just a general Google search?

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 01:13:12 AM »
T,

How did you find the poster image that u posted?

Just a general Google search?

No, he sent it to me and said: "Find it!"
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 01:20:21 AM »
Me eyes are peeled!

thumbup

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 01:27:37 AM »
Contractually, they had no rights to cut Ed Harris out of the poster, so the poster will be recalled, which is why he wants it.

Here's the US one.

My Personal Collection

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 08:15:10 AM »
A friend of mine directed this movie and he wants this Korean poster.  Yes, I know, it's ridiculous that he cannot get it, but he can't.

Anyone knows how to get it?

Thanks,

T

According to the poster it comes out next weekend and I just happen to be in Korea. I will see what I can do.
- Eric

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 12:16:29 AM »
That would be awesome.  Lmk.  Thanks.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 06:48:07 PM »
The local theater didn't have paper yet, but they did have a "digital poster" frame with the version you were looking for and another version (different than both of them you posted) rotating with the rest of the coming soon films .

I asked to the best of my ability "when?" The response was, an arcing motion with index finger to the right, which as everyone knows is the universal sign for "next week". So, we will see.
- Eric

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 07:16:26 PM »
What is also interesting to see is how the Korean version has slightly altered Benig's mouth to give her more of a slight smile.  (And at least they left part of Ed Harris' shirt showing, behind her right shoulder  ;)  )

-Jeff

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 07:48:58 PM »
It is possible that it is a different picture from the same shoot. Another thing that I noticed was that there is a MPAA ratings box (PG-13) which is not normal for Korean posters. This image could be a mock up and not the final version. The digital poster at the theater was slightly different and didn't have all of the credits at the bottom, just the tag line and release date.
- Eric

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 08:06:33 PM »
Could be another photo .. but if you look closely at Bening's eyes, her hand placement and the way her fingers are folded, the folds and shadows in her sweater, her hair, all the little details- everything is identical.

To slightly alter the digital picture file in Photoshop, when the Korean version was produced, would be very easy to do. The upturn at the corner of her mouth is so slight, but is still enough to create a slightly softer/more pleasing look for her.

-Jeff

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 11:25:03 PM »
It certainly is possible and given that there is still evidence of the shirt worn by Ed Harris, I would tend to agree with it being a manipulation of the U.S. poster art. Of course they take so many photos in quick succession sometime, it could be the one prior or after. Another interesting thing is that the U.S. poster looks to be cropped more on the right side.
- Eric

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 12:46:31 AM »
It certainly is possible and given that there is still evidence of the shirt worn by Ed Harris, I would tend to agree with it being a manipulation of the U.S. poster art. Of course they take so many photos in quick succession sometime, it could be the one prior or after. Another interesting thing is that the U.S. poster looks to be cropped more on the right side.

For sure. And I dont understand cropping thru part of her left eye and cheek. It really makes no sense, even from a so-called "artistic POV," imo.   ;)

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 01:06:12 AM »
My friend and I actually went thru 5 different designs.  We agreed on one.  IFC chose the worst, imo.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 09:29:06 AM »
Went to both the local theaters today and they are both showing the film.

2014-04-18 04.32.49 by iojabba

They had the larger (23.5"X35" i believe) poster displayed at one of the theaters on the "Now Showing" wall.

Face of Love in Korean in lightbox by iojabba

They keep saying that it is "impossible" for them to give me the large poster, but I'm going to see how impossible it is after the film leaves the theater. I believe that it is only here for a one-week run.

I was able to pick up several of the 11x17 minis with the same art. The pic shows the front and back side of the mini.

Face of Love Korean Mini by iojabba

- Eric

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 06:19:56 AM »
Sorry to say that I struck out at the theaters. A friend even convinced his wife (Korean) to help. Apparently they are instructed not to give away or sell the posters. Our next step is to try a local dealer and see if we can get one that way.
- Eric