Author Topic: Wim's collection of his all-time favorite: Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger  (Read 3134 times)

Bruce

Great collection! I especially love the U.K. one-sheet to Gone to Earth, especially given the background about the movie, and its two releases. The Thief of Bagdad stuff is really great too.

It is sad and funny how nothing ever turns up on "I Know Where I am Going".

Bruce

Offline quadbod

• Hobbyist
    • Quadbod media memorabilia
Hi!

Fabulous collection!

This is the only Powell & Pressburger item which we currently have ...

... aka ILL MET BY MOONLIGHT ... NSS 58-161 - rolled - two-inch left edge tear, one-inch bottom edge tear, minor edge frays

Best wishes,
Terry - www.quadbod.co.uk
Quadbod media memorabilia - http://www.quadbod.co.uk

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
Thanks guys,

I saw the IKWIG in one of your auctions BRuce, but I wasn't grabbed by it. Missed out on your GOne To Earth UK-sheet as well btw. Luckily I already spotted one at a dealer's.
It has somehat of a unicorn status to me. Still the real unicorns are the ones I've never seen, like the quota quickies Powell shot before WW II., RED ENSIGN for example. Most likely they are all destroyed in the great paper rally in the war.

The Filmmuseum poster is the ugliest poster I have, but my most dear. It is probably unique. They were made when MP had a retrospective at the Dutch Filmmuseum around the time part 1 of his biography was released in paper back. He visited for a few days together with spose Thelma Schoonmaker. He signed the poster for me and drew an arrow on The Arrows target.