Author Topic: Yet Another Forum?  (Read 197938 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: Yet Another Forum?
« Reply #250 on: April 26, 2014, 08:31:29 PM »
The Vintage Vanilla People really should stop "outing" all the gay members.  Very unethical in this day and age!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #251 on: April 26, 2014, 10:29:16 PM »
Interesting but no, we don't check to see if they are gay or not, we actually invite movie poster enthusiasts to join, and as we don't care about sexual preferences of people or even lawyers feel free to join at anytime #$^%!@.

Anyway for those who like trivia we have a name that Prop Trivia thread going, the latest question (by yours truly) has stumped a few: 10 shoes 10 movies, I've had to give up a cryptic clue to help...pop along and see if you can solve it.

http://vintagemoviepostersforum.com/discussion/151/prop-trivia-what-movie-is-that-prop-from/p4
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:32:21 PM by Silhouette »
David

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #252 on: April 27, 2014, 12:25:02 PM »
And of course the NS4 peeps have started an "on the mark" new promo campaign:

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #253 on: April 27, 2014, 04:15:23 PM »
Okay you guys, seriously...  Mainly Mel, David and Charlie.  I'm all about a new forum and I wish you great success with your endeavor (which I'm sure is already doing great), I believe it's good for the hobby so I applaud it, I am not against advertizing it either (obviously this thread is a testament to our willingness to help you guys out), but there has to be a limit to said advertizement, since at the end of the day, we are a forum too.  Which is why I'm asking you three to refrain from constantly advertizing it.  I think our members are well aware of your existence by now.  I hope you can understand my request and respect it.

Thank you.

T
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 04:34:23 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #254 on: April 27, 2014, 05:22:31 PM »
Hey #$^%!@

;D
David

Bruce

« Reply #255 on: April 27, 2014, 05:27:16 PM »
How about someone start a new forum that solely steers people to existing forums, but contains no actual information about posters?

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #256 on: April 27, 2014, 05:39:13 PM »
How about someone start a new forum that solely steers people to existing forums, but contains no actual information about posters?

Interesting as there already is a forum that soley steers people to commercial sites and has had no actual poster information for years.

mpf aka banners are us.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #257 on: April 27, 2014, 05:56:27 PM »

Nahhh I agree with T, this thread ran it's course a long time ago, it is unnessarily kept alive with comments continually directed at other forums which is only good for other forums, maybe they will stop and forums can live in peace...

David

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #258 on: April 27, 2014, 07:05:07 PM »
Okay you guys, seriously...  Mainly Mel, David and Charlie.  I'm all about a new forum and I wish you great success with your endeavor (which I'm sure is already doing great), I believe it's good for the hobby so I applaud it, I am not against advertizing it either (obviously this thread is a testament to our willingness to help you guys out), but there has to be a limit to said advertizement, since at the end of the day, we are a forum too.  Which is why I'm asking you three to refrain from constantly advertizing it.  I think our members are well aware of your existence by now.  I hope you can understand my request and respect it.

I didn't realize I was a founder, member, or supporter of VPF, which is basically a shameless rip-off of this forum. But I guess you learn something new every day.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #259 on: April 27, 2014, 07:12:46 PM »
Why is it a rip off?

I see it as more information, more involvement more sharing and more fun which are good things. ...and I love this place.

Each his own though? Eh?

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #260 on: April 27, 2014, 07:34:59 PM »
Interesting as there already is a forum that soley steers people to commercial sites and has had no actual poster information for years.

mpf aka banners are us.

;D ;D
Chris

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #261 on: April 27, 2014, 07:52:44 PM »
hahaha, oh that #$^%!@ he makes me laugh sometimes...

David

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #262 on: April 27, 2014, 08:42:36 PM »

I didn't realize I was a founder, member, or supporter of VPF, which is basically a shameless rip-off of this forum. But I guess you learn something new every day.

Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #263 on: April 27, 2014, 08:48:58 PM »

LOL

and I love that poster.......

Gotta love a common poster that sells for what it does.  8)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #264 on: April 27, 2014, 09:21:32 PM »
I always thought legit copies of this poster were not quite as common?

And I so agree with you, Matias and Z... it IS one very cool looking poster.  cool1
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 10:11:10 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #265 on: April 27, 2014, 09:32:56 PM »

Thank you.

T

My apologies T.  Thought I was doing pretty good not to advertise the forum...

Thanks Mel! You're our best advertiser...  There is only one thing you can't do at Vintage Movie Posters Forum:

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #266 on: April 27, 2014, 09:34:02 PM »

Come on now Mel, it was almost your idea.  We needed an Indian and you were totally game!

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #267 on: April 27, 2014, 09:38:03 PM »
I always thought legit copies of this poster were not quite as common?

And I so agree with you, Matias... it IS one very cool looking poster.  cool1

One of the first things I learned...They are common.  ;D

http://movieposterauthenticating.com/wordpress/the-dark-knight/the-dark-knight-style-b/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:50:41 PM by Zorba »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #268 on: April 27, 2014, 10:12:32 PM »

-Jeff

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2014, 11:44:27 AM »
I'm ashamed to say that I started this "dueling nerds" thread!

Let's just lock it and may the better nerds win....

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #270 on: April 28, 2014, 03:05:06 PM »
I'm ashamed to say that I started this "dueling nerds" thread!

Let's just lock it and may the better nerds win....

Nahhh leave it open, that way you'll have someplace to write when you start your own forum...
David

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #271 on: April 28, 2014, 03:50:00 PM »
Nahhh leave it open, that way you'll have someplace to write when you start your own forum...

Again, what do you have when two Methodists move into the same town?
A: First Methodist Church and First Methodist Church, Reformed.

This is silly.  I simply don't have time or energy to browse 3 different forums for (mostly duplicate) posts.
-Jay-

Mirosae

« Reply #272 on: April 28, 2014, 03:50:51 PM »

-----off topic ALERT-------
Great quote Dave.

I have always admired Mark Twain and Plato - though with a professor like Socrates you really had to be an imbecile not to learn something...

Here is one from Plato ...
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something (Plato)

« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:53:40 PM by Mirosae »

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #273 on: April 28, 2014, 06:01:17 PM »
Again, what do you have when two Methodists move into the same town?
A: First Methodist Church and First Methodist Church, Reformed.

I'm an atheist so my answer is: two buildings full of off key singers.
David

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #274 on: April 28, 2014, 07:19:31 PM »

One forum to rule them all...