Off-Topic Discussion > Why a New Forum?

Yet Another Forum?

(1/67) > >>

Dread_Pirate_Mel:
Well Charlie and David went off and started YET ANOTHER FORUM.  Like I told 'em, this hobby does not need any more forums.  It already has several "barely alive" forums - NS4, MOPO (which has became dealer post purgatory), MPF, and MoviePosterDB's forum.

So I'll stick around here unless and until somebody builds an Expressobeans database/forum combo, which this hobby does desperately need. Or until Bondposters comes back. Or until I get banned.   

erik1925:
Yes... the invites must have been sent all around town... MOPO members included.  8)

Dread_Pirate_Mel:
Don Corleone: I have a sentimental weakness for my children and I spoil them, as you can see. They talk when they should listen. Anyway, Signor Sollozzo, my no to you is final. I want to congratulate you on your new business and I'm sure you'll do very well and good luck to you. Especially since your interests don't conflict with mine. Thank you.

Harry Caul:
I wonder if T and Holiday got invites? :)

eatbrie:
As long as they are different, I think there can be as many forums as people want.  The key is to make them different.  Like APF and NS4 are.  Different topics, different point of views.  Otherwise, they become repetitive.  Holiday and I have always said that if people are not happy with APF, they are free to go somewhere else or make their own forum.  It's the sign of a healthy hobby, imo.  Collectors are different, they have different needs and wants, and that's cool.  I'm not attached to anything or anyone.  We've tried to make a forum that would be pleasing for all, but we are not perfect.  We tried to make it without rules for as long as we could sustain it, but sadly, it had to end.  I understand if people don't like change and want to try something new.  That's what life is about.

So good luck to the new forum.

T

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version