Author Topic: New Rules For Signature Ad Banner Size & No. Of Selling Posts per Day  (Read 51293 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: New Rules For Signature Ad Banner Size & No. Of Selling Posts per Day
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2016, 05:37:15 PM »
Might be something to consider, Steve. Maybe just have the one thread For Sale/Auction/Trade and blend the Dealer thread into that. And it makes it easy and no duplications, either.

I don't think I agree with that.
the two threads don't entirely serve the same purpose

and who cares if someone wants to use both their available posts for the same ad?
you don't have to read both threads, do you?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2016, 05:38:49 PM »
I don't think I agree with that.
the two threads don't entirely serve the same purpose

and who cares if someone wants to use both their available posts for the same ad?
you don't have to read both threads, do you?

True, true and no.  ;)

-Jeff

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2016, 06:23:46 PM »
To clarify my post, HA has both their sunday movie poster AND signature auctions being advertised, twice a day.  They do this by having 2 seperate members, Grey and Mr.Carteron.  I don't meant to call anyone out but from a userability point of view this is 4 big ass posts with big ass pictures using big ass data each day (like Steve I read the forum using the filter)

By this logic Bruce from EMP could post 6 times daily, twice for each tues, thurs and sunday auction PLUS have phil post twice a day about the major auction lined up. 

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2016, 06:38:39 PM »
To clarify my post, HA has both their sunday movie poster AND signature auctions being advertised, twice a day.  They do this by having 2 seperate members, Grey and Mr.Carteron.  I don't meant to call anyone out but from a userability point of view this is 4 big ass posts with big ass pictures using big ass data each day (like Steve I read the forum using the filter)

By this logic Bruce from EMP could post 6 times daily, twice for each tues, thurs and sunday auction PLUS have phil post twice a day about the major auction lined up. 

If you haven't noticed, I have been posting less and less about my auctions, and mostly I only do so to aggravate the tiny number of people who care about such stuff.

If an auction company gets its buyers from the select group of people here (all of whom know about their auctions without their posting), then they are in big trouble.

I say lift the limits on posts, and I will promise to NEVER make another auction related post again!
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2016, 06:49:48 PM »
Well I applaud you for your self restraint (seriously) but last time I checked this forum was for poster collectors.  So all good those who want to join and talk posters even if you happen to be a dealer, but to post exclusively from an advertising POV that stuff unfortunately needs to be policed (wish I had a emoticon here)

If its irksome to me and Steve arguably the greatest people on the forum then it's SOMETHING I would say. Already the platform has its limits but to also deal with ads is just annoying UNLESS they give T and Holiday some money. Anyways its not my forum but again from a userability POV it bothers me and I assume others.  If I wasn't a member I would see even LESS great posts and MORE ads because guests are blocked on certain threads - so why would iwant to join?

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2016, 06:54:37 PM »
me and Steve arguably the greatest people on the forum

I appreciate this recognition

• Post-aholic
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2016, 08:58:19 PM »
To clarify my post, HA has both their sunday movie poster AND signature auctions being advertised, twice a day.  They do this by having 2 seperate members, Grey and Mr.Carteron. 

if they're posting twice in the same section on the same day - they shouldn't be, as that is a violation of the rules, which are explicit and easy to understand.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2016, 10:21:38 PM »
There used to be no specified limits on Dealer or Seller posts, but the board became inundated by seller posts that would be added to, bumped up or were even spilling over into the General Boards.

BECAUSE OF THAT, the rules were put into place, limiting the number of daily F/S and Dealer posts, including this one, by Holiday:

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,7060.0.html

It was having to 'clamp down' when those kinds of posts were getting out of hand. T'was the ol' "give an inch, take a mile" scenario.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 12:41:00 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2016, 12:41:40 PM »
I love dealer posts.
Especially those with plenty of pictures.
Open the floodgates.
 imbecile.gif

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2016, 07:34:32 PM »
Starting tomorrow, we will be making a slight change to the posting board rules. Ive received a number of PMs from individuals who list (and can only list) in the For Sale /Auction/Trade board and have mentioned that Dealers who duplicate post here (as well as in the Dealer board) on an almost daily basis, are causing their own F/S posts to get quickly pushed down the line and buried.

Because private sellers (non dealers) cannot post in the Dealer board, it seems only fair that dealers and auction houses should have just the one board they can post to. So beginning tomorrow, the For Sale/Auction/Trade board will be reserved for non-dealers and non-auction houses only (ie: individuals either selling privately, auctioning on ebay or other sites, or if they have an item consigned to MPB, HA, EMP etc).

Dealers, auction houses and private sellers can still post up to 2 posts per day in the respective boards, so that hasn't changed. But no more duplicate dealer posts in the For Sale,/Auction/Trade board. This area is now reserved for "the little guy;" it's about it being fair for one & all.

And yes, T knows about this change, too, in case anyone was wondering.  :)

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2016, 08:35:54 PM »
Starting tomorrow, we will be making a slight change to the posting board rules. Ive received a number of PMs from individuals who list (and can only list) in the For Sale /Auction/Trade board and have mentioned that Dealers who duplicate post here (as well as in the Dealer board) on an almost daily basis, are causing their own F/S posts to get quickly pushed down the line and buried.

Because private sellers (non dealers) cannot post in the Dealer board, it seems only fair that dealers and auction houses should have just the one board they can post to. So beginning tomorrow, the For Sale/Auction/Trade board will be reserved for non-dealers and non-auction houses only (ie: individuals either selling privately, auctioning on ebay or other sites, or if they have an item consigned to MPB, HA, EMP etc).

Dealers, auction houses and private sellers can still post up to 2 posts per day in the respective boards, so that hasn't changed. But no more duplicate dealer posts in the For Sale,/Auction/Trade board. This area is now reserved for "the little guy;" it's about it being fair for one & all.

And yes, T knows about this change, too, in case anyone was wondering.  :)

just for clarity, we can post in the Dealer's Forum thread 2x daily but not in the other thread?

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2016, 08:44:42 PM »
just for clarity, we can post in the Dealer's Forum thread 2x daily but not in the other thread?

Correct.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2016, 08:50:44 PM »
what if I'm selling more stuff than usual?
Or if I have many auctions running at one time?
I will have 'overlapping auctions' going on, can I overlap my dealer posts?
does it matter if I post 2 times at 3am, or should I space out my posts every twelve hours?
if I'm selling in 2 places at the same time, can I double up my posts, or do I have to act like I don't know the other seller?
what about if I put my shoes on backwards, do I have to post my afternoon post before my morning post?

>:D

-------

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2016, 08:58:21 PM »
 :'( 

Bravo

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2016, 09:06:46 PM »
Does it matter if you have multiple auctions that are run as separate units? If someone has say, a weekly auction plus a "major auction" can they have different accounts and post twice daily for each of those? Does a dealer who runs one auction with 30 items that lasts for 30 days get to post twice a day for those thirty days? If a member asks a question of an auction in response to their second post, must they wait until the next day to reply, and does that reply then count as one of their two allowed posts? Any limit on signature sizes or dealer in-fighting?

Please have clearly defined rules. If I am any part of this problem you can simply delete my account (I won't be offended).

It is great that you guys have a place to congregate and talk and share. It is good for the hobby, and would be good even if it were a "dealer-free" zone.
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2016, 09:20:58 PM »
who decides whop is a big and who is a little guy?
Dont know why I care I rarely post FS.

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2016, 10:38:47 PM »
"little guy" = non dealers / individuals who are wanting to sell their posters; that's why those words were in quotes.  ;)

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2016, 11:14:22 PM »
ok I get that, but for example where do I fit?
I sell maybe $5000 a year MAX (gross)
Hardly enough to eat off, and mostly selling to support my own collection.

I don't mind, but curios, as theres a lot of people like me.
An Error Has Occurred!

• Post-aholic
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2016, 11:17:22 PM »
theres a lot of people like me.

oh please help us all....  :P

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2016, 11:40:56 PM »
ok I get that, but for example where do I fit?
I sell maybe $5000 a year MAX (gross)
Hardly enough to eat off, and mostly selling to support my own collection.

it would be my guess Ari, that you fall into a gray area.
not really a dealer, but you probably have to choose which sub-forum to post in, as you can't post in both, per rules

-------

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2016, 12:50:41 AM »
decisions, decisions.
I am indecisive
Probably never need to know.
I make more sales via facebook than all the forums combined and multiplied by 10 ;)
An Error Has Occurred!

• Post-aholic
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2016, 01:03:50 AM »
decisions, decisions.
I am indecisive
Probably never need to know.
I make more sales via facebook than all the forums combined and multiplied by 10 ;)

Facebook is a good sales venue, no doubt about it

-------