Author Topic: Heritage changing to live auctions  (Read 12885 times)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
Re: Heritage changing to live auctions
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2014, 10:23:11 PM »
I haven't bid on anything yet.  It was so much easier before.  I really don't have time to spend 2 hours in front of my computer every Sunday night.  

T

Im not even looking anymore.

:D

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 10:27:31 PM by Zorba »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2014, 10:44:01 PM »
I was watching just now, for the first time, tonight....

it was like watching a 'mini' signature auction, on the second day... (no vid or audio).

ah well..

progress.......

8)

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2014, 12:08:18 PM »
Wow!  I used to bid every week on HA auctions, and now it's been 5 weeks since I bid at all, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.  I wonder if I'm the only one.  I just can't find the time on a weekend to waste 2 hours on a given auction.  I'm not going to rush from the beach to bid on posters.  Not happening.

Too bad, there are always posters I want.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2014, 12:56:52 PM »
Well, I monitor most of the auction while watching TV on Sunday nights.  (And you really should be watching Cosmos, fantastically great science show, at 9PM EDT).  You can pick up some bargains if you can stay the course.  It's kinda fun going head-to-head against other poster nerds.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2014, 01:43:49 PM »
I usually watch Bill Maher and SNL on Sunday night.  Or The Walking Dead when it's on.  No time for anything else.  I'm a little confused as to when their auctions start.  Used to be at 8pm (PST), which was perfect.  Now it's at 6, I think, or 6:30.  Way too early.  I was driving back from Malibu yesterday after taking my kids to the beach.  I don't know why they changed their schedule either.

T

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:46:36 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2014, 01:45:56 PM »
And PCH on a Sunday can be like a parking lot. You and everyone else heading back after a great day of sun and surf!  ;)

-Jeff

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2014, 01:52:16 PM »
They start at 8pm EDT and end at 11:30 or so.  It is way too long for run-of-the-mill stuff. I bail out at 10.