Author Topic: Laurent Durieux  (Read 58229 times)

Offline hepcatpunk

• Hobbyist
Re: Laurent Durieux
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2019, 06:36:41 PM »
Aww, Mel left?  He's one of the good guys.
-Brian

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2019, 12:28:02 PM »
Hey Ben, Mel was tired of being attacked and mocked for his comments by some members who make a hobby out of it and left once again.

His choice.

T

Hey T. Thread for reference?
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2020, 03:00:12 PM »
Just got this one.  I kinda like it.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2020, 12:02:32 AM »
Just got this one.  I kinda like it.

T

That is scary, T.  Yes, just plain nutso scary.  Dang that gave me the willies.  Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2020, 07:24:30 PM »
This market is dry, dry, dry.

So I've decided to purchase all those little things I missed the first time around.  One of them was Durieux' Iron Giant.  Check that.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2020, 11:31:43 PM »
That Iron Giant image along with the pastel colors makes a pretty darn nice poster, T.  Wouldn't that have looked awesome hanging outside the movie theatre?!  Okie

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2020, 01:56:10 AM »
I like his 7th Voyage of Sinbad

The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2020, 10:39:50 PM »
 I bet the Sinbad poster would look cool under a black light in a shadow box frame, Crow.  Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2020, 02:28:38 PM »
Two new Durieux' today, part of his Travel series.

Obviously a little Hitchcockian too.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2020, 03:30:17 PM »
Yes, I grabbed a regular...a nice companion to his print for The Birds

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2020, 04:30:11 PM »
I didn't realize that the reg's color palette so perfectly matched his first one.  They would probably look good framed together.  Hopefully someone will do it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2020, 07:02:40 AM »
Love The Birds poster.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2020, 11:21:20 AM »
New Durieux' this morning for one of my favorite movie.  A little obscure to most, I'm sure, but a great flick.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2020, 03:51:58 PM »
I'm completely ignorant re Durieux's prints but are the colours true to life, or do they differ vastly from how they appear digitally?

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2020, 07:38:32 AM »
New Durieux' this morning for one of my favorite movie.  A little obscure to most, I'm sure, but a great flick.

T

Yes I bought a set of these two as well, can't wait for the Wicker Man print. Going to be hard to get at release I know.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 10:44:41 AM by eatbrie »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2021, 01:16:11 PM »
Two new Durieux this morning, Sunset and Boy.  These were originally printed on wood.  I already have the reg and the var. of the same design.

I know most of you big poster collectors look down on those, but I like them.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2021, 11:29:53 AM »
Those are solid. If Mondo released them, they would have blown up. Congrats, I totally forgot the sale was yesterday.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2021, 12:10:14 PM »
They say that the "Boy" actually sold out in 20 seconds.  I don't participate in the social media craziness, but I read that a lot of people were left in the cold.  Gotta be quick :)

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2021, 04:22:23 PM »
New Durieux this morning...  I got the foil and the variant.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2021, 08:41:31 PM »
Night of the Hunter is one of my favorite movies, such a great classic.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2022, 10:54:52 AM »
I finally have a minute to post something.

Got these 2 Durieux yesterday.  Not bad, imho.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2022, 11:00:48 PM »
I don't like all of Durieux's stuff, and this okay, but not spectacular movie has more prints than needed for the subject matter. However, I kind of like this take. I picked up the regular. Hard to forget that hammer scene in the movie.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2023, 12:54:04 AM »
Purchasing Durieux' Le Mépris made me realize how much I like his blues.  So I checked my tiny itty-bitty Durieux collection and found the same blue on a few other prints.

Works for me.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2023, 02:06:02 AM »
Just got this Halloween print this morning.  Yes, yes, yes, I am aware that most poster collectors think that prints are shit, but I like them and I have been collecting Durieux stuff for some time now.  There was a better version available online, but apparently you had to post on his page to get it, which I will never do.  So this is the only one I could get.  Oh well... still pretty good imo.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2023, 06:17:14 AM »
I grabbed the reg and var too.

A cliche, but his work is always so much better 'in the flesh'...he's my favourite print artist.