Author Topic: Does linen backing remove or correct water stains?  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
Does linen backing remove or correct water stains?
« on: May 19, 2010, 05:59:20 PM »
Thanks.

scartacus

Re: Does linen backing remove or correct water stains?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 06:10:15 PM »
I'd be really interested to hear some opinions on this question, too. How do pro-restorers remove water stains -- by bleaching the paper?   

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
    • CineMasterpieces Movie Posters
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 06:54:41 PM »
yes. if the restorer is any good the water stains will magically disappear.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 07:47:23 PM »
I just picked up a half sheet and was curious about this same question and process, too.

The lower right corner must have gotten damp at one point, and wicked up some moisture, which caused a a distinct water mark along with an area on the lower corner that has turned more brown colored. I was wondering if a good washing or that with a combination of light bleaching, will reduce or diminish the water marks and darkened paper.

-Jeff

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 10:14:47 PM »
I have had posters linenbacked by Dario where the water stains did indeed go away. My guess is that they often simply disappear in the wash.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 10:26:11 PM »
I have had posters linenbacked by Dario where the water stains did indeed go away. My guess is that they often simply disappear in the wash.

Thanks, Lars. That is what I was hoping to hear.. even if the daker areas are greatly lightened and diminished in appearance, it would make a difference.

cheers

-Jeff