Author Topic: grimreaper78larry on eBay  (Read 1901 times)

Pancho

grimreaper78larry on eBay
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:54:40 PM »
Hi guys,

Anyone have experience with this seller? A gut feel on his write-up for this 'The Fog' half sheet sounds like another dealer (tloceposters):

HERE'S A VINTAGE AND ORIGINAL HALF SHEET MOVIE POSTER TO THE FOG 1980, THE POSTER IS A ORIGINAL NOT A REPRINT, THE POSTER MEASURES 22X28, THE POSTER IS SINGLE SIDED NOT DOUBLE SIDED, THE POSTER IS ROLLED NOT FOLDED, THE POSTER IS ON THICK STOCK PAPER, THE CONDITION OF THIS POSTER IS VERY FINE TO NEAR MINT, THE POSTER HAS A LITTLE RIP ON THE SIDED OF THE POSTER, OTHER THEN THIS THE POSTER LOOK AWESOME AND WOULD LOOK AWESOME IF THIS POSTER WERE FRAMED,PLEASE NOTE WHEN YOU BUY FROM ME I'LL TELL YOU IF THE POSTER IS A ORIGINAL OR A REPRINT AND '' THIS POSTER IS A ORIGINAL'', WILL COMBINE SHIPPING FOR THE EXTRA POSTERS THAT YOU WIN FROM ME FOR $1.00 EACH OTHER POSTER YOU WIN FROM ME, THANKS FOR LOOKING AND HAPPY BIDDING TO ALL.

$20USD for a clean 'The Fog' half sheet sounds a little too good, but I'm tempted to bid, so any advice would be appreciated.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: grimreaper78larry on eBay
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 10:15:53 PM »
Unlike tloce, this seller has a good number of pics (5) that you can zoom in on... and the fine, black print/text at the bottom looks sharp and crystal clear. He also points out the small tear on the left side border.

tloce lays all his pics on that ugly shag rug with the WORST lighting possible... i recall asking for a better lit image, and he ripped me a new one...lol   :P

This looks fine, IMHO. I'm sure others may chime in.

Good luck!

-Jeff

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 11:24:13 PM »
Everything looks legit IMHO. I agree with Jeff. The seller gives some great pics that you can determine if it is a fake or not. Has anyone even seen a reprint of this poster even?

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 12:11:52 AM »
I've purchased from him in the past and had no problems.
Witty signature goes here.

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 03:32:45 PM »
I just received a poster from him today and I would recommend him. He uses Yazoo Mills tubes and actually knows how to pack a poster. For once there is someone out there on ebay that knows how to do this. But I would recommend him. Great guy, great communication and he wants to make sure you are pleased with the item.