Author Topic: Praise for emovie!  (Read 14957 times)

tstatum

Re: Praise for emovie!
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2010, 11:02:35 PM »
That my friend is an all out assault on the eyes jawdrop

Bruce

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2010, 11:17:47 PM »
I don't know... I think it's kind of understated!

woohoo woohoo woohoo woohoo

Bruce

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2010, 05:02:32 AM »
and Jaws1975 is always lurking about ready to take a bite out of your wallet!  :)

they guys at it again with the jaws posters.. i mean why would he want this.. makes me extremely suspicious.

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=1941883

Bruce

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2010, 08:06:51 AM »
suspicious of what?

The guy apparently thinks top titles of the 1970s on are a great investment, and he sure has been proven correct in the past few years, as many of those have skyrocketed, while many "classic" titles have struggled to stay even.

Now as to this exact copy, which is in crappy shape, I would never buy it, but (either to own or as an investment), but each person makes those kinds of decisions for themselves.

Bruce

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 10:39:14 AM »
Seems to me, he just might have an addictive personality!
Chris

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2010, 11:24:49 AM »
I don't know anyone in this hobby like that!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2010, 11:27:14 AM »
I don't think the guy is suspicious, but he for sure is a lunatic.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2010, 11:42:11 AM »
i think the word suspicious made it sound wrong... should have been maybe sceptical? i mean what the hell is this guy doing.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2010, 11:49:37 AM »
Didn't we uncover his identity in another thread?

Ultimately, I think he's bad for Bruce's business: Seeing his name makes people not want to bid against him, since the guy is out of his mind and there is no way to predict how much he bid on a particular poster.  I know I don't want to bid against him and find myself overpaying for an item, just because Moron needed his 25th ESB poster.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2010, 05:41:25 PM »
I know of guys that collect just about every copy that pops up of a certain comic, and I'm talking about one issue of that comic (not the entire run).  People will hoard copies of Silver Surfer #1, buying every copy they can get their hands on.  Some JAWS fan buying multiple copies of the US 1sh, no matter the condition, doesn't surprise me in the least.  Welcome to the addiction

Bruce

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2010, 06:45:10 PM »
Some people have a "collector" mentality, and others have an "investor" mentality, and the two never understand how the other buys.

The true collector, like Holiday or Mel, or Thierry, want EVERY single say, Sarah Jessica Parker one-sheet, so that this part of their collection can be "complete", and they might pay far too much for a title they are "missing" because it represents a hole they want to fill (nothing Freudian there!).

The investor sees a title like a Jaws one-sheet, and thinks it is woefully undervalued, and that it should and will be $1,000 before too long. He keeps buying them over and over because he thinks he is "making money" with every purchase (whether he is right or night is something else entirely).

When I started an investment club in 1989 (where friends of mine and I put up a cool million dollars and spent it all on posters we were buying solely for investment) I made the decision to buy the "best of the best", and primarily items from the 1910s to 1930s.

I turned my nose up to titles like This Gun For Hire which were then $2,500, because they were too "common" and besides, they weren't nearly as likely to go up in value as the 1920s and 1930s greats. I also did not buy many 1960s titles (one of the rare exceptions was when I bought 10 Breakfast at Tiffany's half-sheets for $25 each, and 100 Breakfast at Tiffany's lobbies for $5 each).

Had I instead spent my million on the best of the 1960s, 1970s and even recently printed 1980s, like James Bond, Clint Eastwood, etc, I would have made a fortune.

The problem was that I am a collector at heart (as Rich is) and I "invested" like a collector, and the two should never be mixed!

And maybe a few years from now Jaws will be viewed as a visionary who was far ahead of his time, rather than some crazy wacko!

Bruce

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2010, 06:49:41 PM »
Who collects Sarah Jessica Parker?

Is that the best example you could come up with, Bruce?
My Personal Collection

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2010, 08:48:44 PM »
Who collects Sarah Jessica Parker?

Is that the best example you could come up with, Bruce?

laugh1 

Im going to have donkey witch nightmares tonight.  pctrash

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2010, 01:19:52 AM »
Wow, I didn't realise Thierry and Holiday were buying up all the Sarah Jessica Parker posters out there. I thought I was the only fan :-[

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2011, 05:22:59 AM »
jaws1975 is actually Macho Man Randy Savage.......ooooooooooooooooooh YEAH , dig it  ;D