Author Topic: So, who is Leonard Sorgi?  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
So, who is Leonard Sorgi?
« on: December 22, 2013, 03:56:55 PM »
According to current auctions, and I quote:

"Leonard Sorgi, who was a unit manager for ABC for shows like The Soupy Sales Show, The Jerry Mahony Show, and many others. He was also Unit Manager for the Academy Awards for a number of years, and during his long and varied career, he met many celebrities and obtained autographs from them in person (often personalized to him)."

So, can anyone actually find proof that this guy existed doing what he claimed? Certainly Sheldon Leonard played a baddie called Sorgi a couple of times on the series I, Spy - so yeah, there's a Leonard Sorgi...

But I can't find Leonard Sorgi listed on The Soupy Sales Show - perhaps records weren't kept, I know it was a few years ago?

I also can't find a Leonard Sorgi on the The Jerry Mahony Show either (spelled Mahoney) which was actually known as The Paul Winchell and Jerry Mahoney Show (1950-1954, and in fact just became the The Paul Winchel Show), but there is no such series that I can find that was ever known as The Jerry Mahony Show (who was actually the dummy for Paul Winchell, the ventriloquist). BTW I believe The Paul Winchel Show was produced by NBC, perhaps Leonard moonlighted...

As good old Leo was the original supplier of a lot of autographs, many of which I now have doubts about (but I'm no expert, hence they continue to be listed) perhaps someone else can find him...

David

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
Re: So, who is Leonard Sorgi?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 12:08:57 PM »
Well well.

Still, it seems unusual that even his obit has him on a show that never was, hopefully there is more to come.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:26:18 PM by Silhouette »
David