Author Topic: The amazing USPS  (Read 7064 times)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
The amazing USPS
« on: May 01, 2010, 10:01:42 AM »
Currently they have "lost" my shipment from Heritage. They have no idea what could have happened to it after it was scanned in at a bordering suburb on monday morning. Monday morning it got here. Where could it be? They are working on this great mystery even as I type this.

So I come home yesterday unhappy that they have no clue as to what could possibly have happened to MY heritage shipment and what is at my door but a tube from ebay. Initial reaction is yes! something to take my attention away from the "lost" item. Then I get a good look at the tube...oh No..Then I open the tube...Not good... Sigh....

Its not the geatest tube( emovie) but its far from the worst. It is solid. it would take some special act to do that to it.

So in this week alone they have "lost" my Heritage shipment and made wrapping paper out of my ebay shipment. They are simply amazing people. God bless them.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: The amazing USPS
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 11:03:15 AM »
Its not the geatest tube( emovie) but its far from the worst. It is solid. it would take some special act to do that to it.

I just assume USPS dumps the tube with a bunch of other packages and it won't survive transit unless you use a strong tube.

I use the "can the tube be squeezed with one hand?" test.  If it can't, it should have survived transit and you shouldn't blame the seller.  If not, it's not surprising it was ruined and the seller is at fault.  I wouldn't even bother fighting USPS - too much time and effort.  Just file a Paypal claim, say the tube was too weak (if true, of course), and Paypal will likely rule in your favor (it has for me several times).

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 12:35:13 PM »
I just assume USPS dumps the tube with a bunch of other packages and it won't survive transit unless you use a strong tube.

I use the "can the tube be squeezed with one hand?" test.  If it can't, it should have survived transit and you shouldn't blame the seller. 

I did your test. I cant squeeze it with two hands. I have to stand on it to get it to move. I dont know what they did to it but it was a determined effort. They must really hate tubes.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 12:56:58 PM »
I did your test. I cant squeeze it with two hands. I have to stand on it to get it to move. I dont know what they did to it but it was a determined effort. They must really hate tubes.

You'll have to fight USPS on this one, then, if it's worth it.  You could probably win a PayPal dispute - I think they normally favor the buyer - but it seems the seller is not really at fault.

Same thing happened to me with a Princess Bride quad.  It arrived in a very strong tube but was still destroyed.  I just ate the $50 loss and have bought insurance (or made sure the seller included it in the price) on every expensive poster since then.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 01:11:04 PM »
You'll have to fight USPS on this one, then, if it's worth it. 

Luckily they were not expensive. Im not sure what would be expensive enough to have to fight with them.... Besides I have the missing Heritage item Im already dealing with them on. I found out today that the latest person I was in contact with was off today so I must wait until monday for any further " I dont understand where it could be" answers.

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 11:18:18 PM »
Privatize the USPS, problem solved.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 02:39:33 AM »
I once sold a poster, sent from OZ to UK,  to a friend, and we trust each other, she said it looked like, it had, been left in a puddle, so the tube went soggy then was run over by a truck,
Luycky I had a spare that I sent her,
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 06:30:26 AM »
A handy tip... If you want to check your USPS package that has tracking online, instead of going to the tracking page and manually entering your tracking number each and every time..., modify the following link substituting the XXXXX's for your tracking number & save the link... Then you just click the link once whenever you want to check the tracking status:

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=XXXXXXXXXXXX
eg
http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=EG123456789US