Author Topic: "Please, please, please---next time USE THE VASELINE"  (Read 9126 times)

posterazzi

"Please, please, please---next time USE THE VASELINE"
« on: November 13, 2013, 12:43:00 PM »

"But, dammit---it was the best $3000 screw I ever had."

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: "Please, please, please---next time USE THE VASELINE"
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 04:42:17 PM »
Glad I got you riled up

It is an impressive poster regardless, more so than 100 of your Mexican Lobby cards could ever be for the same price.

I've spent more on Mexican Lobby cards. Now that sure was a waste of money! No-one go near them with a ten foot pole!

But if anyone does want Mexican Lobby Cards, the best sources are: SantoStreet.com or todocoleccion.net, not via the creator of this thread that sells them, he knows all about giving customers a bum steer

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 04:47:02 PM by 50s »

Offline Silence

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 05:01:45 PM »
Did you ever have the three sheet framed?
MICHAEL

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 05:20:56 PM »
Did you ever have the three sheet framed?

Unfortunately I don't have any frames at all. I currently have up on the walls three 6 sheets though that are frameless. Should have saved the dosh for frames instead of putting into Mex lobby cards

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 05:46:50 PM »
Idday iway issmay omethingsay?
Stew

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 05:54:54 PM »
I am please Posterazzi you read my http://www.nameandshameyou.com/ website. You are now featured there!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 09:22:41 PM »
Last six words of this reveals all http://www.flashnews.com/news/wfn6060704J13189.html anything else from his mouth is just hyperbole
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:23:08 PM by Silhouette »
David

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 09:25:38 PM »
Last six words of this reveals all http://www.flashnews.com/news/wfn6060704J13189.html anything else from his mouth is just hyperbole

So...7 years later how is "being in it for the $" working out?
Chris

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 10:02:01 AM »
Just catching up with this thread, and read your name and shame info, 50s.

Sorry to hear about all of this. What is the status of the 3sh...are you done with Debi?

Oh, Posterazzi, you seem like a gaping asshole. Get real, guy.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 06:49:12 PM »
Just catching up with this thread, and read your name and shame info, 50s.

Sorry to hear about all of this. What is the status of the 3sh...are you done with Debi?

Oh, Posterazzi, you seem like a gaping asshole. Get real, guy.

Hi Wonka, Thanks, the status with Debi is as per the site, presumably happy with the 'service' she gave me and rolling in her $ gained from the deceit, so the site stays up in her memory, for eternity!

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 01:09:30 AM »
Kinda surprised Ed did nothing.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 01:28:05 AM »
Kinda surprised Ed did nothing.

Yes, I was too. Any dealer being LAMP approved from then on meant nothing to me. The code dealers must abide by to be LAMP approved seemed a facade presumably to fool buyers and to line LAMP's pockets.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 01:50:20 AM »
Yes, I was too. Any dealer being LAMP approved from then on meant nothing to me. The code dealers must abide by to be LAMP approved seemed a facade presumably to fool buyers and to line LAMP's pockets.

Lamp is Lame, the 'approved' status means nothing, there is no 'industry' rules, there is no lobby group, it offers no member benefits. I am sure it started out with all good intentions but what really does being a LAMP dealer mean for anyone.  Better to give money to charity.
David

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 02:42:38 AM »
Years ago, even before APF even, ;)  I was a LAMP approved dealer I believe, I didn't pay anything, not sure how or why it happened. Also for the even older collectors I was a poster price (almanac) approved seller, likewise never paid, though I did sell stuff to John Kisch and also helped him obtain some stuff fr the separate cinema archives.
I haven't really used LAMP in a long time, anyone know if it's still being updated?

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 03:28:40 AM »
Ed & Sue do lots of updating, but I also hardly use it. sometimes if I need help identifying a still or like that.
I can't even remember my login
I understand the help that it may provide a newbie or amateur, if they can navigate the site which can be difficult but Ed & Sue have been trying to fix that

I can say I do get contacts on occasion from my ads there, so it must be working at some level.
I need to make sure I get in promo more often for their newsletters

ultimately it serves a good purpose for the hobby because most of the information is not otherwise available and there is a good educational value to the site

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 03:35:30 PM »
Ed & Sue do lots of updating, but I also hardly use it. sometimes if I need help identifying a still or like that.
I can't even remember my login
I understand the help that it may provide a newbie or amateur, if they can navigate the site which can be difficult but Ed & Sue have been trying to fix that

I can say I do get contacts on occasion from my ads there, so it must be working at some level.
I need to make sure I get in promo more often for their newsletters

ultimately it serves a good purpose for the hobby because most of the information is not otherwise available and there is a good educational value to the site

Despite the fact the site is difficult and sure the information may indeed be valuable but the whole LAMP thing is really all about income, it can't be actually about serving the hobby, its members or protecting the hobbyists - by association it and its members are suggesting it is some sort of ruling body of the hobby yet all the 'members' get is another advertising medium, on the other hand people object to Andy's method of gaining an income through advertising.

Remove the LAMP logo and what it suggests and just tell businesses 'we'll splash banner ads all over our site for your money'.
David