Author Topic: ebay cross-border search anomolies  (Read 4282 times)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Re: ebay cross-border search anomolies
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2013, 04:11:26 AM »
Yes - it was a fascinating story.

But I do wonder as to whether, following all this effort in disputes and court cases, Charteris thought it was worth it bearing in mind the way in which moving image portrayals of his character steadily got worse and worse through the years, culminating with a couple of French films (at least one of which I can attest is truly dreadful) and the Kilmer abomination.

Indeed, I think the nine b/ws are the best representation of the Saint to date.  Moore's series benefitted from being direct adaptations, but then the Dutton and Clarke efforts were complete travesties.

We will see what happens if, as and when the new TV pilot ever gets shown as to where portrayals could go next.  But to my mind, I have never understood why directors wish to keep 'reimagining' this character when a true portrayal has yet to be successfully effected.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Re: ebay cross-border search anomolies
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 08:27:08 AM »
For anyone who feels they may also be missing out on US ebay searches from across the borders, I have found a way through it.

If you go to Advanced Search, right at the bottom, there is a radio button you can tick which dictates items specifically as Available in.. and then a drop down box which is conveniently on United States.

I have performed a search like this and I can now see items from the previously mentioned seller.

It will mean you will have to save this search in your Favourites but if, like me, you have one or two standard searches, clicking on a link is probably how these searches are effected anyway.

Let me know how you get on.