Movie Posters > General Discussion

Halloween Blue Ratings Box (and other misconceptions)

(1/6) > >>

Chop-Top:
What makes the blue ratings box so special in regards to Halloween one sheets? I've got an offer purchase a non-blue box one sheet for $175, but I'm not sure if I should hold out for the blue version. If they both are original one sheets, is it worth paying the premium for the blue one? Thanks.

ddilts399:
That one is from the first print run, the later run had the white ratings box. The blue/green ratings box tends to be more desirable.

Chop-Top:
But they both are for the same movie for the same release correct? I guess I don't understand why the first crank of the press is worth twice what the second crank of the press is while the movie is still in theaters. Are there other movies that have various editions like this or we just can't tell a difference with them?

eatbrie:
It's one of those things that really doesn't make any sense... like people trying to figure out which Star Wars poster came out first.  Or people collecting printer's proof, because they were the first thing to come out of the printers.  I mean, this hobby is already considered crazy by many, but this is, IMHO, pushing the limits of ridiculousness.

This said, if you are collecting for pure resale value, the blue box is what you want, because ridiculousness very often drives the market.

T

Chop-Top:
I'm collecting for enjoyment and POTENTIAL resale in the future. Given this scenario, I think I'll pick up the non-blue version and save a few hundred bucks. The blue box sticks out like a sore thumb to me anyway. Thanks for all the replies!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version