Author Topic: Rare 80s large mylars (and Shawshank)  (Read 3113 times)

wonka

Rare 80s large mylars (and Shawshank)
« on: April 22, 2010, 12:35:07 PM »
Bought these over a year ago, and was wondering what they were worth, if anyone else has these or others from the 80s, etc...
They are the larger size for mylars, 5x25, and have removable color plastic sheets on the back which is cool if you wanted to switch a color around when illuminated in a light box.

I also have a couple 5x25s for Indiana Jones, both Temple of Doom and Last Crusade which will be forever in my Indy collection. 
These other ones pictured I really dig but would consider selling if someone really liked them and had a fair price in mind...sorry if this belongs in a different section, but I have no idea what they are worth.  Kinda cool for any fellow 80s freaks like me.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Rare 80s large mylars (and Shawshank)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 02:00:55 PM »
That's a good question...  I've always wondered who collects these.  Now I know who...   ;)

I see them on Ebay from time to time, they're usually pretty cheap.  What do you do with them, Ben?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

wonka

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 02:16:47 PM »
Ha, I wouldn't say I collect them, but thought they were cool...I am a sucker for any sort of 80s stuff as you know.

I actually sold the one I had for The Goonies to perhaps the biggest Goonies fan I have ever known, he has probably the largest Goonies collection out there.  He said he hasn't seen one in like 20 years, so we made a deal.

I was planning on making a lightbox of sorts that would display these things stacked, almost as pictured.  Just think they would look cool lit up in the basement.

The Indy Jones ones go in the Indy Vault forever, but as I said, I would maybe sell these...if not, no biggie, I could always do the lightbox project on a rainy day.

kauaitx

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 03:50:15 PM »

I briefly collected movie mylars some time ago when I had the grand idea of framing my posters like they were movie marquees with the mylars as title labels underneath. 

I think mylars are pretty cool, especially when they have images on them.  When you put them against light as they're meant to be seen, they just pop and are very eye-catching. 

Nice collection there, Ben.

Jeannie