Author Topic: About some James Bond posters  (Read 39693 times)

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
Re: About some James Bond posters
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2013, 02:09:18 PM »
Thank you! It is nice to know some of you can understand what I mean, what I am doing, how does it feel like.

As a big fan and user of VBA for mostly Excel, I've spending a lot of time trying to learn ExtendScript for Photoshop. It may not be too useful but it is really rewarding. Right now I am learning how to write and read custom metadata per layer in a psd file. Interesting stuff.

I'm confused by the hostility you've received, but that's good stuff! My interest in design and development was piqued at a wee age. I continued self-learn throughout my teens, went to art school, picked up a few degrees and today I'm fortunate enough to be working as a designer. You never know where your interests will take you.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2013, 03:32:41 PM »
Someone should start a thread about Bond collectors and bullying...
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Mirosae

« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2013, 04:00:14 PM »
Someone should start a thread about Bond collectors and bullying...

Agree.

I am really puzzled by this. I am one of those who likes to see good quality images of posters (rare or not). It helps to appreciate and learn about the hobby.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2013, 06:40:31 PM »
Agree.

I am really puzzled by this. I am one of those who likes to see good quality images of posters (rare or not). It helps to appreciate and learn about the hobby.

+1.

Andy's quad collection is just another medium and format. He's hoping to share those hi rez images with others as he gathers them. Good for him. What does it matter that his quads aren't on paper? The bottom line is - they are still poster images.  8)

-Jeff

andyvee

« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2013, 06:28:35 AM »
You are certainly not enamoring your way to those that could assist you.

You are certainly not one of those that could assist me.

I don't exactly know what you mean by "enamoring your way" (my English has limits) but if you want me to be a flatterer to win favors, please, don't hold your breath.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2013, 09:32:14 AM »
You are certainly not one of those that could assist me.

I don't exactly know what you mean by "enamoring your way" (my English has limits) but if you want me to be a flatterer to win favors, please, don't hold your breath.

When you first came here, I tried to help.  I wasn't exactly sure what you were trying to do, so my suggestions were not fully appropriate.  But I tried.

You, on the other hand, came into a forum of POSTER COLLECTORS, but with a bit of an attitude.  You have stated that the prices are too high, that we don't provide suitable images in high enough resolution, and that somehow we are both beneath you while at the same time we owe you something.

There is nothing wrong with your project.  Go ahead and build your website.  However, it appears that in order to do it, you might have to put some time and money into the game.  What?  You say somebody OWES it to you to provide web ready images so you don't have to do any work?  Than what exactly is your contribution?

I don't own a Bond Quad, in that I don't own any quads.  However, if I did, I might have pulled it out and shot an image after your first inquiry.  Right now, there isn't a chance in hell.

-Jay-

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2013, 10:03:29 AM »
+1 Jay.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2013, 11:42:49 AM »
I must admit I have forwarded some images to the chap, but I think I lost the way with the Octopussy Circus image (bearing in mind it isn't a quad or even a poster)

Hence my caravanners and campers analogy which, I admit, could have used a bit more work.

Apologies for the omitting of the accent over etre - mine is a UK keyboard and I hadn't (and still haven't) searched for the Alt key equivalent.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2013, 11:44:59 AM »
When you first came here, I tried to help.  I wasn't exactly sure what you were trying to do, so my suggestions were not fully appropriate.  But I tried.

You, on the other hand, came into a forum of POSTER COLLECTORS, but with a bit of an attitude.  You have stated that the prices are too high, that we don't provide suitable images in high enough resolution, and that somehow we are both beneath you while at the same time we owe you something.

There is nothing wrong with your project.  Go ahead and build your website.  However, it appears that in order to do it, you might have to put some time and money into the game.  What?  You say somebody OWES it to you to provide web ready images so you don't have to do any work?  Than what exactly is your contribution?

I don't own a Bond Quad, in that I don't own any quads.  However, if I did, I might have pulled it out and shot an image after your first inquiry.  Right now, there isn't a chance in hell.

:o uhno jawdrop
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2013, 12:11:47 PM »
Ha Ha!
I was waiting for you to respond to that, Paul!

Simes, the UK keyboard can be a nightmare when typing a different language can't it!?
Although accents etc can be added with shortcuts; bit of a pain but works!
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2013, 12:48:53 PM »
 wynk
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2013, 12:56:30 PM »
Jay just say the word, I`ve got an X-men two teaser with your name all over it...

Stew

andyvee

« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2013, 11:33:18 AM »

Whoa! Since you understood all wrong what I have said in previous posts, there is no reason for me to try and reply to your false accusations above.

andyvee

« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2013, 11:45:13 AM »
I must admit I have forwarded some images to the chap, but I think I lost the way with the Octopussy Circus image (bearing in mind it isn't a quad or even a poster)

Hence my caravanners and campers analogy which, I admit, could have used a bit more work.

Apologies for the omitting of the accent over etre - mine is a UK keyboard and I hadn't (and still haven't) searched for the Alt key equivalent.

That was too finicky on my part. Sorry about it, I should actually not have mentioned it.

Mine is a US keyboard, no easy way for accented letters also but since I write in two languages I configured it via shortcut to alternate between both layouts. And since I know by heart the differences, I can type on my own language despite some keys not matching the hard-coded symbols.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2013, 08:57:19 PM »
Is andyvee really "richlee"?

Older forum tarts might remember him from years back.

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2013, 03:06:36 AM »
Mine is a US keyboard, no easy way for accented letters also but since I write in two languages I configured it via shortcut to alternate between both layouts. And since I know by heart the differences, I can type on my own language despite some keys not matching the hard-coded symbols.
Fair play.  Understood.

I should make the point of looking for the accents as I also write to some French friends on occasion and I am aware I am mutilating your language with most of what I say - and that is irrespective of my grammar and prose deficiencies...

andyvee

« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2013, 04:22:54 AM »
Is andyvee really "richlee"?

Older forum tarts might remember him from years back.

?

I have never heard of a richlee (sounds like some wealthy Asian guy...), I have never used such a nick anywhere in the internet and I had never before used this forum until I registered as andyvee.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2013, 05:07:00 AM »
It's ok, carry on, when your collection needs linen backing I'm handy with Photoshop.
:p
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2013, 07:38:35 AM »
It's ok, carry on, when your collection needs linen backing I'm handy with Photoshop.

I'd say that's a "five star" post!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2013, 11:20:07 AM »

;D ;D
Chris

andyvee

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2013, 07:39:30 AM »

You see, that is one big advantage for "virtual collections": Photoshop for linen backing! And framing too. And endless possibilities...

Cheers.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2013, 09:45:43 AM »
Maybe you can start a digital image authentication website.  Here's the notorious "one moon" repro of the Dune advance 1S:

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2017, 10:37:35 PM »
question for my Bond poster colleagues:
is it normal that the Brown Sky style for Quantum is printed on some kind of thicker photo paper?  The other DS side seems normal but the brown side is sort of like photo thick finish.  just checking !  Gracias.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2017, 02:02:36 PM »
Hi.

I think there must have been two printings for this poster, for both the November and November 14 variations.

I have heavier matt finish and normal standard gloss versions for both posters.

I also have a single sided, standard gloss, Undated variant.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2017, 08:32:01 AM »
Many thanks Simes.  I looked at EMP and they have both a DS Advance and an Int'l DS Advance Brown sky style.  I guess this one would be it.  I would have thought the description would explain the finish, rather than just call it "brown sky style" because the regular Advance DS 1 sheet looks the same (also brown sky)  I wonder if it would sell for more if people knew this.  Its a really nice and high quality finish.  Any other posters have this?