Author Topic: Mistakes, regrets, and biggest goofs of your poster buying in 2015  (Read 9484 times)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: Mistakes, regrets, and biggest goofs of your poster buying in 2015
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2015, 01:06:38 AM »
One regret is buying things that I didn't really need, not that I need any posters but I bought a few posters that don't interest me that much and were total impulse buys.

I think almost every poster I have I think about for a good few days and if I've been thinking about it most of those few days I'll get it. Impulse buys I know I will likely regret. The duds I have are usually due to receiving and being disappointed in the printing quality, as I collect for the art.

guest4754

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 01:12:21 AM »
Really? They repro-ed that? How did you know it was a fake? 27x40 and mint?
Yes unfortunately they did. It was a random size like 11x25 but from the pictures it looked like a locandina. It was also a very poor quality print and printed on a very odd paper stock. Looking back if I really looked at the pictures it was quite obvious but I wasn't that experienced then.

I have a 4f of this... Hope it's not a fake!

I'm sure you're fine, it probably would've been obvious to you it was fake if it was. Also being 4f size I'm sure you're safe.

Mirosae

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 05:45:40 PM »
Well since I just began collecting this year I certainly made some mistakes and have some regrets. One regret is buying things that I didn't really need, not that I need any posters but I bought a few posters that don't interest me that much and were total impulse buys. I would do the occasional "oh I can spend another 30 bucks on a poster this week, I wonder what's cheap on ebay", etc. I've decided to try to stop that, I really don't make enough money to do that. Another regret is being impatient when it comes to posters. I know a good bunch of us have this problem, but being impatient hurt me more than once this year and I made some questionable/stupid purchases because of it. My biggest mistake of all this year was buying a reproduction when I thought it was original... and it was painfully obvious it was a fake but the whole impatient thing made me overlook what was right in front of me.

Good post e. Put it down as learning. We all buy a thing or two which we later consider part of a learning process.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 05:46:19 PM by Mirosae »

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2015, 12:27:43 AM »

I have a 4f of this... Hope it's not a fake!

No chance (unless its one sheet size)

Years ago I bought BIRD WITH CRYSTAL PLUMAGE and DEEP RED italians (art same as 2F), they arrived rolled/glossy and One sheet size.
HUH?
I was refunded. Even though the seller swore they were not repros, ummmm.

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

guest4531

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2017, 05:25:28 AM »

I really like that you included goals for the coming year!  Thumbs up to that.

Thanks

Indeed bought:
- 200 Motel 1sh for 80 USD
- Ghostbusters teaser 1sh for 54 USD

But failed to get cheap openable frames although I found a acrylic glass wholesaler, someone for the backing and bought special hooks in Europe... almost there.

Goals for 2017 are as follows:
- Stop buying posters but buy one cheap piece of fine art  (prints) every three month
- Linenback one poster for fun and deal with frames
- Redo the kitchen and rooms
- Get a job in Mexico !

Cheers