Author Topic: MoviePosterBid.com Auctions Consignments Is the FASTEST WAY To Sell & Get Paid 2  (Read 17809 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
reposted.

When you consign your posters and other collectibles to an auction, what are you looking for? Are you looking for fast cash, or are you looking to wait months and months before you even know what your items have sold for?

Frequently, some auctions take what can feel like f-o-r-e-v-e-r to sell your wares, so that you can get your money and do with it what you were hoping to when you sent your posters off to them. Some auctions routinely take years to get through your complete consignment and that if you only send a few hundred items.

MoviePosterBid.com is YOUR FASTEST WAY TO GET MONEY IN YOUR POCKET!
Our August 1st deadline is for our August Auction, not auctions for months afterward.

When you consign to our August Auction, your items are sold on August 21st and your payment for items sold (minus our low 25% consignment rate) and you are paid within a few short weeks after that date (August sales are paid by the end of September).

Some auctions you will be waiting 60 days further down the line or even longer! Especially if they do not sell your full consignment in a timely enough manner to suit YOUR NEEDS, NOT THE AUCTION'S NEEDS.

NO OTHER AUCTION WILL SELL YOUR COLLECTIBLES AS FAST AS WE WILL AND WHEN YOU NEED MONEY FAST, WHO IS YOUR BEST CHOICE?

MoviePosterBid.com!!

But there's more!

Will that "other auction" specifically promote your items in Print Advertising?
The answer is almost always "NO"
MoviePosterBid.com Auctions will promote your valued collectibles in print and online.

Every Month we run an ad in Classic Images highlighting those items that deserve to be promoted
Every Month!

But that's not all! We include flyers for our coming auctions in our packages when we do shipping.
We advertise in Program Books that are distributed at Collectible conventions all year long
We send flyers off to other companies that distribute them in their orders

At MoviePosterBid.com, we take our job seriously and our job is to make you happy!

Our sales results are competitive with other auctions and our consignment rate is in almost all cases far cheaper than other auctions, which means YOU MAKE MORE MONEY WITH MOVIEPOSTERBID.COM

Call us or email us now.
Our next deadline is August 1st for our August Auction

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

• Post-aholic
Deadline for the MoviePosterBid.com August Special Auction is fast approaching.

we have lots of great stuff from titles like To Catch a Thief, Rear Window, Prince and the Showgirl, John Carpenter's the Thing, the Wild Bunch, James Bond, Mudhoney, Woman in the Window and many more.

300 hand-picked items sure to please all collectors.
Posters for this auction must be received by August 1st and consignors to my auctions are paid faster than any other auction website

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 03:21:30 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
The auction is looking like a goodie thumbup

• Post-aholic
The auction is looking like a goodie thumbup

that is what they'll be from here on Steve, with a misc/bulk lots auction in between of smaller size 50-150 listings

if I start getting too many consignments, I'll consider getting an employee again. But to be sure, I have no intention of selling Wal Mart quality goods regularly. I don't need the extra work, even with an employee

-------

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
if I start getting too many consignments, I'll consider getting an employee again.

You don't have your part time helper anymore? You doing it all yourself, like photographing thousands of Belgians posters? That sounds hard work

• Post-aholic
actually, my work schedule is decreased considerably for several reasons

one is that because I don't have paychecks to meet, I don't have to sell thousands of dollars more posters just to break even on that aspect alone. If I was only doing as much as I was doing before Anna left, I would be making more money. The fact that I'll increase gross sales considerably in the coming year means I'll make considerably more than I was making with 2 employees.

Think about that for economics

then take into consideration I have time to play poker again, and go to antique stores and do some more travelling...

no employees has become a boon

-------

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz

one is that because I don't have paychecks to meet, I don't have to sell thousands of dollars more posters just to break even on that aspect alone. If I was only doing as much as I was doing before Anna left, I would be making more money. The fact that I'll increase gross sales considerably in the coming year means I'll make considerably more than I was making with 2 employees.

then take into consideration I have time to play poker again, and go to antique stores and do some more travelling...

Looks like I need to come down there and play some cards with ya Rich. Take your money but I will take posters as well lol.

ozcinemagic

go to antique stores and do some more travelling...

Nice life choice!  :)

• Post-aholic
Nice life choice!  :)

that's right!

Looks like I need to come down there and play some cards with ya Rich. Take your money but I will take posters as well lol.

yay.. another sucker with dreams of grandeur  :P

-------

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
Oh I don't dream I am that good. What do you have for a wager lmao.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder

Bastard...I've worked almost nearly very hard to rightfully earn the title of the hardest working, smallest vintage movie poster auction site, with the smallest turnover, the smallest number of movie posters auctioned AND the smallest number of staff (in the world!). Stay out of the neighbourhood, I know people...

David

• Post-aholic
Oh I don't dream I am that good. What do you have for a wager lmao.

the real question is "what do YOU have to wager"

I'm unlikely to have to "pay off"   :P

-------

• Post-aholic
Bastard...I've worked almost nearly very hard to rightfully earn the title of the hardest working, smallest vintage movie poster auction site, with the smallest turnover, the smallest number of movie posters auctioned AND the smallest number of staff (in the world!). Stay out of the neighbourhood, I know people...

you still do have the smallest auction with the smallest turnover.
on staff you're tied.
that isn't too bad.. there's another thing you have which is smaller.....
 :P

-------

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
the real question is "what do YOU have to wager"

I'm unlikely to have to "pay off"   :P
Where do you play at there in Vegas Rich?

• Post-aholic
Where do you play at there in Vegas Rich?

where ever I can sit
don't like playing poker standing

-------

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
on staff you're tied.

I may have to fire someone to take back the lead...
David

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
where ever I can sit
don't like playing poker standing
LOL no shit I just want to know so I know where to go and sit down to take your money and you not know it is me lmao.

• Post-aholic
I may have to fire someone to take back the lead...

just cut your legs off.. that should do the trick
 ;D

-------

• Post-aholic
apparently I forgot to include the link to my consignments information page
here you go folks

http://www.movieposterbid.com/consignments.asp

-------

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
apparently I forgot to include the link to my consignments information page
here you go folks

http://www.movieposterbid.com/consignments.asp

The consignment criteria at #4 left me more confused than before reading. Can it be simplified? Do you take $15-$50 poster, is the value I should know bricks and mortar store price - am I to know what it would get at online auction? What if I inherited a pile of posters and know nothing about the value except the deceased paid a lot for them so they must be worth a-lot.

You know what it costs to list a poster for auction as it is virtually the same for every poster, can you not factor in a $10 or whatever seller premium into each auction item (+ % commission for sales above that). Then it is up to the seller to do his homework, or take his chances if they don't want the trouble. It sounds like a never ending battle with consignors the current way, where they assume a value on ever poster. You could probably reduce the % commission (looks good) if you had the seller premium to cover most of the costs.

Trying to figure out your poster allocation/consignment criteria at #4 got the better of me, so if it were me I might just think all too difficult and go somewhere else.

#4 makes little cents  ;)

I guess you can still reject a consignment (proposed or received) if it seems it will make a loss or if they insist, take a deposit from them! I once had a car where I had to pay the wreckers to take it away as the car was worth less than the $100 tow fee

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 04:13:19 AM by 50s »

• Post-aholic
I was actually re-reading that a day or so ago & realized I needed to edit that because I'm not really taking low value items in anymore and I didn't notice I had a couple typos in there either

beyond that, your post is as confusing as that section
maybe it won't be when I wake up in the morning
 wynk

did a quick edit.

I think it makes more sense now
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 05:15:07 AM by MoviePosterBid.com »

-------

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database

Think about that for economics...

Sounds like Rich is turning into a greedy Republican.
If you increase sales you should hire more employees and pay them a decent wage, not greedily keep all the money for yourself.
You stinkin' rich fatcat
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

• Post-aholic
Sounds like Rich is turning into a greedy Republican.
If you increase sales you should hire more employees and pay them a decent wage, not greedily keep all the money for yourself.
You stinkin' rich fatcat

Jeez.. I was only paying Anna $14 an hour at this point. Must have been those Democratic Ideals that made me do that  :P

-------

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
I paid employees at my store that much over a decade ago.
Of course, we always wanted them to show up and not just quit out of the blue  :P
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

• Post-aholic
I paid employees at my store that much over a decade ago.
Of course, we always wanted them to show up and not just quit out of the blue  :P

yeah but that was in Japan
besides, then you closed the store and fired them all..

-------