Author Topic: A funny lost package story  (Read 5662 times)

Bruce

A funny lost package story
« on: July 06, 2013, 08:25:29 AM »
A buyer emailed us that his package had not arrived. We tracked it through UPS and it showed it as "delivered" so we asked him to check with neighbors, other family members, etc (often this proves to be the answer).

A few days later we got this reply:
"I just wanted to let you know that I have the poster, thank you... no thanks to UPS though!.  I just called them and filled a complaint.  I got a call from a stranger today saying he had a package of mine that he found 3 blocks away in a ditch of a nearby church parking lot! He got my phone # off of the address label.  My guess is UPS was delivering at the office next to this lot and somehow drove off and my poster rolled into ditch?  This stranger was nice enough to get the poster to the lobby of my building for me! Anyway, all is good..just another story for your files :)"

I replied: "I thought I had heard it all, but this one really tops everything I heard before! UPS is a dreadfully run company. They used to put "red tape" on expensive packages so that drivers would handle them more carefully, but drivers started to steal the ones with the red tape, so they had to quit that! I assume everything was in the package and all is OK, which seems amazing! Thanks for letting me know,"

Do you have a funny lost package story that turned out well, against all odds?

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
Re: A funny lost package story
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 02:04:24 PM »
Since it was shown as delivered it sounds more like UPS scanned it then threw it off the truck!  Maybe this guy buys too many posters and the UPS guy was tried of delivering them...  I must say though quite nice of the guy who found it to return it, that's a rare thing now a days.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Q6_9A90cUk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2Q6_9A90cUk</a>
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 02:06:15 PM by TheAnswerMVP2001 »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 02:07:37 PM »
There is No funny lost package stories, did I ever mention my Frankenstein stills..... ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 02:13:29 PM »
I had a CD I bought online a few years ago never show up, I had only paid a couple bucks for it and when it didn't show up the seller gave me a refund.  About a year later the postman delivered it, I thought that was pretty funny.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 02:13:57 PM by TheAnswerMVP2001 »

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 07:37:54 PM »
There is No funny lost package stories, did I ever mention my Frankenstein stills..... ;)

Spot on Paul. I had 3 packages lost, one of them with some irreplaceable items (5 stills with their original negatives, for a rare argentinean horror film). Still pisses me off today just to think about it
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 12:13:57 AM »
 mesmrized fingers crossed
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 12:14:08 AM by CSM »
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 02:55:06 AM »

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 03:33:17 AM »
Chris

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 09:08:45 PM »

Im still NOT laughing about my couple-three stories. Maybe one day.

Oh and  cheers to the survivors of these sad sad events.  8)