Author Topic: What I Like the MOST about Ebay!  (Read 19284 times)

wonka

Re: What I Like the MOST about Ebay!
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2010, 02:18:42 PM »
I know I might get kicked for this, but can we please leave Andy out of this?  He and I have gone round and round enough, and we both agreed that we would lay off for the greater good, and because people are sick and tired of hearing him bellyache about me and vice versa.
Holiday, can you please not tell me what subjects/persons I cannot mention here?  Ok?  I won't kick if you guys don't make this into MPF2...Thanks..

My point to Bruce was about his snide reference to Andy, two people with an agreement via a business relationship re: paid advertising.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2010, 02:24:07 PM »
Wonka.. we don't want to hear about your Wonkettes and definitely we don't want to hear about your wanking. Wonking is okay though

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Bruce

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2010, 02:24:52 PM »
Wonka, what paid advertising do you keep talking about?

Please explain.

Bruce

• Post-aholic
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2010, 02:27:12 PM »
he means the sponsored links Bruce

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

wonka

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2010, 02:28:24 PM »
Rich, I promise to keep the focus on the wonking, if you promise to discuss the drugs you experiment with.  And you have to watch Moonraker.  :)

Bruce, you have had banner ads there, correct?  Are these free?  If not, those advertising monies are the ones I refer to...if not, then apologies in advance.

Bruce

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2010, 02:31:40 PM »
Over a year ago I paid for an ad there. When the year was up I did not renew. I give no ad dollars to that forum.

Bruce

wonka

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2010, 02:35:57 PM »
Appreciate the clarification.

Mind if I ask why?

• Post-aholic
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2010, 02:38:30 PM »
I don't experiment anymore.. I just go with the tried and true stuff.

and on the other

-------

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2010, 07:20:56 PM »
Holiday, can you please not tell me what subjects/persons I cannot mention here?  Ok?  I won't kick if you guys don't make this into MPF2...Thanks..

Hey, Wonka, now that this thread is in Let it All Out, how about you go fuck yourself.  I'll say what I please and tell you what I please and if you don't like it, you can run back to MPF1.  The rules are that there won't be personal attacks, jabs or other shit directed at people that are really irrelevant to posters.  Andy and I buried the hatchet and we didn't do so only to have it brought up again by the likes of you.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

wonka

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2010, 07:31:25 PM »
Hey, Wonka, now that this thread is in Let it All Out, how about you go fuck yourself.  I'll say what I please and tell you what I please and if you don't like it, you can run back to MPF1.  The rules are that there won't be personal attacks, jabs or other shit directed at people that are really irrelevant to posters.  Andy and I buried the hatchet and we didn't do so only to have it brought up again by the likes of you.

Nice hypocrisy...more than usual, you outdo yourself here.

Good you guys are cool, but next time be a more diligent reader and make sure you have grounds to a silly and non-existing argument...I didn't bring up your relationship with Andy...you did.  

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2010, 08:22:21 PM »
Nice hypocrisy...more than usual, you outdo yourself here.

Good you guys are cool, but next time be a more diligent reader and make sure you have grounds to a silly and non-existing argument...I didn't bring up your relationship with Andy...you did.  

Why do you and I even have an issue, Ben?  I thought we had cleared that shit up.  Anyway, not hypocrisy at all and I am a diligent reader.  But you know as well as I do that there was innuendo in what you wrote in terms of Bruce funding Andy through advertising revenues.  If Bruce wants to advertise with Andy, that's just fine.  I see no useful purpose whatsoever in questioning why he advertises with him - it's none of our business.  Also, you know as well as I do that Andy is a sensitive topic.  It's like mentioning the b-word on an airplane - it's bound to get you some unwanted attention.  By mentioning Andy, my worry is that you're stirring the shit in a non-productive way.  I'm really not bothered by what you have to say, but I want to be clear that Andy and I have no issues, and I would not want your postings to be construed by anyone as an opening to walk through that door again.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2010, 09:07:13 PM »
no.. it was productive shit-stirring.
The top had crusted and the smell was being contained by the dried top layer.
By stirring the shit up, the wonderful scent once again can waft through the air

-------

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2010, 09:10:13 PM »
no.. it was productive shit-stirring.
The top had crusted and the smell was being contained by the dried top layer.
By stirring the shit up, the wonderful scent once again can waft through the air

When did you get so mellow, Rich?  I mean, just a few years ago you were chopping off heads like the best of 'em.  Now, nothing but good vibes come off of you.  WTF!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

• Post-aholic
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2010, 09:29:31 PM »
there isn't anyone present whose head I wish to chop

-------

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2010, 10:21:59 PM »
there isn't anyone present whose head I wish to chop

Ah, better find someone to feed to you....  You're getting too nice.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

wonka

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2010, 02:11:33 PM »
Why do you and I even have an issue, Ben?  I thought we had cleared that shit up.  Anyway, not hypocrisy at all and I am a diligent reader.  But you know as well as I do that there was innuendo in what you wrote in terms of Bruce funding Andy through advertising revenues.  If Bruce wants to advertise with Andy, that's just fine.  I see no useful purpose whatsoever in questioning why he advertises with him - it's none of our business.  Also, you know as well as I do that Andy is a sensitive topic.  It's like mentioning the b-word on an airplane - it's bound to get you some unwanted attention.  By mentioning Andy, my worry is that you're stirring the shit in a non-productive way.  I'm really not bothered by what you have to say, but I want to be clear that Andy and I have no issues, and I would not want your postings to be construed by anyone as an opening to walk through that door again.
Holiday,

The hypocrisy from your post was and is highlighted in bold...sorry, but that is textbook hypocrisy...not attacking people yet telling them to eff off, not sure there is a better example of this word.

I am going to have to go to bat for myself here in terms of interpreting my post which I did not think needed it, but for the sake of the good of the board here goes:
At no point did I layer my post in question with ANY innuendo in relation to Bruce and Andy, you and Andy, etc...and to be fair, none of what you infer here is what was going through my mind when I punched the keys.  Seriously.  My inquiry was straightforward with Bruce and had nothing to do with you, or the MPF.  I just wondered about the consistency of Bruce or any dealer spending ad money with a site yet bad mouthing the site's owner...just inconsistent, but is moot now as Bruce does not spend marketing bucks there anymore.
Just wish you would have given me the benefit of the doubt, man, that's all.
Moving onward..

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2010, 07:28:05 PM »
Thanks for the clarification.  Please accept my apologies for jumping the gun a bit on this one.  Andy's a somewhat sensitive topic only because I would really like to have any dispute between this forum and Andy's forum be put to rest.  Both places serve useful purposes.  Plus, there's just not enough time in life to dedicate any of it to skullduggery.

I truly am glad to have your participation over here, my dear Wonka, and I hope it will continue.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

wonka

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2010, 08:33:01 PM »
Thanks, Holiday.  Let's get together and buy each other ice cream cones.

And any post with the word 'skullduggery' is ace in my book.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2010, 09:03:16 PM »
why don't you two get a room

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2010, 09:03:54 PM »
then you can check the firmness of each other's manly buttock and we can put the pictures on t-shirts

-------

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2010, 09:30:17 PM »
Didn't someone already accuse you of being perverted?
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2010, 09:34:19 PM »
Didn't someone already accuse you of being perverted?

and sexist...

and undersexed...

and, well, just about everything else.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2010, 12:22:04 AM »
Once a week I look through ALL the Ebay MP auctions (not Buy It Now) to find the "diamonds in the rough."  (One day I WILL find the 1998 LA Confidential re-release!)

It takes about 2 hours and generally is like undergoing Chinese water torture.

But every week you find something that makes it all worth-while.  This week's winner:

guest8

« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2010, 06:23:56 AM »
I dont know which one I like more .. Can I bid on both ! :)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2010, 01:52:08 PM »
I dont know which one I like more .. Can I bid on both ! :)

That's why I liked that one so much - 3D and 2D beauties....