Author Topic: December 2009  (Read 29357 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
December 2009
« on: December 17, 2009, 10:29:24 PM »
This is a super b1 for the Hong Kong Film Festival of 1988.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
December 2009
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 10:31:31 PM »
Jeannie will like these -- two add pieces, both featuring the great villain Darth Vader.  Both are B1s.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
December 2009
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 02:13:15 PM »
I wasn't really sure where to post this one because It is film related. Anyway I guess this is the right forum. I went a bit crazy on ebay and probably paid too much for it but I'm really happy with it.

guest8

Re: Tim Burton MoMA
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 03:03:01 PM »
I see SyFy .. Is this a TV series or TV movie?

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 04:13:44 PM »
It's an exhibition of his art work, from doodles and sketches for his films and illustrations and photography that he does in his spare time. I think there's a few props and poster in it too. SyFy are the sponsors of the exhibition.

guest8

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 04:16:14 PM »
Oh thats really awesome .. So often we only get to see just the "commercial" products that production companies want to sell that we miss out on the other aspects of the artists craft .. Their smaller passions that maybe dont pay the bills but they love just as much if not more

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 04:22:29 PM »
OMG, another reason to fly to NYC soon.  I love the MoMA!

They have a bunch of stuff on sale at their store.  Another Burton poster too.  Check it out.

http://www.momastore.org/museum/moma/CategoryDisplay_10451_10001_21156_21156_-1______Y

Thierry
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 04:53:37 PM »
I was invited to a special reception for it's lenders the day before the exhibition was opened up to the public. I RSVP'd but could not make the trip up there...unfortunaltey.  I plan on going to see the exhibition sometime in the beginning of next year.

Cj

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 11:09:00 PM »
Boy, it's nice to see new material like this.  I feel like a kid in a candy store.  I love MoMa too.  Always a destination for me when I visit Manhattan.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 02:25:23 AM »
I have the MoMA poster from the store on it's way, in fact my Wife's Mother should be flying over with it right now. She's also bringing me another subway poster if it arrived in time. She's pretty kind to bring a huge poster as hand luggage from Boston to London! CJ, it's a shame you missed the special reception, but I'm sure it'll still be worth seeing. I'm going to try and see it if I can.

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 10:54:27 AM »
Just got this one in yesterday. I'm not sure if there were any other designs done to advertise this. If anyone in NY has seen any please let me know.

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 03:45:16 PM »
I'm very jealous I won't get to see this great exhibition...
Ves

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 10:51:37 AM »
Those are both great, Skyjackers. That Tim Burton MoMa is a true find. You might appreciate these two as well: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,160.msg895.html#msg895

Very nice, especially the Scissorhands. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the exhibition comes to London but who knows.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
December 2009
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 11:48:09 AM »
Kind of prefer one thread to see everyones stuff myself.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 11:22:48 PM by holiday »

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
Re: Latest - December 2009
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 01:28:51 PM »
Movie posters or advertising?

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 04:44:46 PM »
Def some great AD posters, Dale.  Thanks for sharing them!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2009, 09:39:36 PM »
Star Trek TV "Boldly Go Again" holographic poster. Got this off Ebay.  The Ebay seller claims "this full size 36" x 24" poster was sent exclusively to local TV stations that air the Digitally Remastered and Digitally Enhanced version of the original TV series."

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 02:41:24 AM »
Those Cannes posters are great.  I think the '04 one is my favorite.  I wonder if they got the idea from the Star Wars advance?

Let us know about that ST poster when you get it Mel.  Hopefully it turns out to be an authentic advertising poster and not some commercial print!
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 08:27:49 PM »
Let us know about that ST poster when you get it Mel.  Hopefully it turns out to be an authentic advertising poster and not some commercial print!

It turned out great - very unusual holographic imagery and looks and feels expensively-produced.  There's no reason to doubt the seller's story that this was distributed only to TV stations, so it should be pretty rare.  I can't find it in a Google search either.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: December 2009
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 02:57:43 PM »
I have very little interest in advertising posters unless they have women I love on it.  So it was only a matter of time before I turned my attention to Penelope Cruz' Mango fashion line.

PS: And as a result, one of my Christmas presents to my wife was a Mango winter coat.

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest8

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 03:09:36 PM »
Nice ! .. Im loving those .. I havent ben on the look out .. This re-invigorates me though :D

kauaitx

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 05:17:14 PM »
Jeannie will like these -- two add pieces, both featuring the great villain Darth Vader.  Both are B1s.

Oh, I just saw your post, Holiday!  I know, I'm late.....

I DO like these B1s very much, especially the first one!

How come you have them and not I???   What's wrong with this picture?

Jeannie

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 07:00:08 AM »
What in the world is Mango anyway?
Schan
My Poster Gallery

guest8

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 08:16:43 AM »
Its just a fashion line .. Like Gucci, D&G, Armani ..

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 08:19:59 AM »
thanks, thats a new one to me.  I had heard of the fruit and SNL skit by the same name, but not the fashion line.
Schan
My Poster Gallery