Author Topic: Where it started.  (Read 1829 times)

Threenero

Where it started.
« on: April 08, 2013, 01:02:33 PM »
Back in the day i had the usual bedroom wall full of video posters. One Day my parents where having one of those dinner parties with some of their friends and did the usual tour of the house with them. One of the guys then went out to his car and brought in this Quad which he then signed for me. Turns out he was kind of famous around these parts and the poster was for his next movie.

Shame the movie kind of sucked  :P

So this is my very first real movie poster, and the one that started me on this endless road of hoarding paper.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Where it started.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 09:27:40 PM »
I had less than 100 posters in 2001, mostly 90s stuff.  I lost them all in a move.  Then a friend of mine started giving me rolls of extra posters from the studio I worked at, I took them to a local store and traded them for posters I wanted.  It lasted a few years, but by then I was hooked.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 01:24:23 AM »
I picked my first movie poster up on craigslist about 2 years ago. It was a Pulp Fiction (which I ended up selling  :(). After that I was hooked and have been collecting ever since.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 01:25:10 AM »
I had less than 100 posters in 2001, mostly 90s stuff.  I lost them all in a move.  T

Aren't you lucky!
Chris