Author Topic: Internet Site Showing How To Ship Posters  (Read 12036 times)

Offline syracuselaxfan

• Hobbyist
Re: Internet Site Showing How To Ship Posters
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 06:22:00 AM »
Saw this on another forum:

"I work for USPS. I know for a fact that the damage to your package was not due to "human tossing the package", but due to the "automation". We use to "hand" sort all the packages. Now the automation took over. Any particular package that you dropped at a station will be shipped to a processing center in a container. The container will be pushed in a APU (automated pacel unloader), feeding a automated convoyer belt. The belt drops all pacels into a SLIDE, feeding 6 keying stations. USPS workers key in the zip code of the packages, the key statation sends the package onto a carrier cell of a parcel sorter. The parcel sorter drops the item to a container for further shipping to destination. The process takes 2 to 3 times depending domestic mail or international mail. So your package will sustain lot of loading and unloading (dropping), squeezing inside the containers. Human tossing is minimum."

FYI, the above statement is true. I work for the USPS. Pack posters well in "crush proof" tubes and hope for the best.
Chris S.