Author Topic: Where Thread gone? - U.K. BUYERS TAKE NOTE....  (Read 50343 times)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Where Thread gone? - U.K. BUYERS TAKE NOTE....
« on: March 24, 2013, 04:50:05 AM »
U.K. BUYERS TAKE NOTE.... thread has gone awol. It mentioned the extortionate charges uk citizens must pay when importing goods into the UK.

Well, not that I am really that interested, just curious...

Anywayz, I wanted to show you a company is trying to rip me off to deliver goods to my home. All I want to buy is a single solitary lounge cushion yet they want to charge me $2 million to ship it which I don't think is very fair, especially when they said on the site it would be free :(

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
Re: Where Thread gone? - U.K. BUYERS TAKE NOTE....
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 07:35:59 AM »
Good god that is ridiculous. Remind me not to ever ship or recieve anything from that company ever in my life. ;D

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 10:29:30 AM »
Steve with the amount you've been dropping on daybills lately I would have thought that a pittance?
Chris

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 04:43:03 PM »
Jeezum crow, that has got to be a mistake.
Unless of course, it's getting Down Under via nuclear submarine with Capt. Nemo at the helm.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 04:49:58 PM »
Jeezum crow, that has got to be a mistake.
Unless of course, it's getting Down Under via nuclear submarine with Capt. Nemo at the helm.

Or people be going Loco.... :o

Stew

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 05:04:48 PM »
Reminded me of this:

"Amazon’s $23,698,655.93 book about flies"
http://www.michaeleisen.org/blog/?p=358

Yay for artificial intelligence!
Witty signature goes here.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 06:46:10 PM »
U.K. BUYERS TAKE NOTE.... thread has gone awol. It mentioned the extortionate charges uk citizens must pay when importing goods into the UK.

The thread was probably removed because a member made borderline terrorist threats, and a moderator wisely chose to remove it.  It's possible that the person who started the thread chose to remove it (with the "remove topic" option - since he started the thread), which was probably the best option for him after making such statements (since he was apparently not going to try to recant those statements, for whatever reason, which is alarming).

Or people be going Loco.... :o

Stew

The only "people going Loco" were the person who made borderline threatening statements, and those who thought that kind of idiocy was funny.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:45:55 PM by NeoLoco »

Charlie

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 06:50:13 PM »
Damn you choose to pass by the UK thread and miss all the excitement...  whodone what I need the scoop now.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 07:14:14 PM »
The only "people going Loco" were the person who made borderline threatening statements, and those who thought that kind of idiocy was funny.

Time to turn over a new thread and be happy!

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 07:20:03 PM »

Time to turn over a new thread and be happy!

cheers

It was just necessary for someone to stand up to that kind of nonsense.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:24:57 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 07:57:32 PM »
Score one for the Department of Homeland Security
Chris

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 02:26:15 AM »
Damn you choose to pass by the UK thread and miss all the excitement...  whodone what I need the scoop now.
A UK member cracked a joke,another member had a massive hissy fit,,joke was removed..

-1 for free speech.

Stew

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 02:35:01 AM »
And +1 for Drama Queens...
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 03:44:13 AM »
Stewart Boyle and Paul Waines, no one had a "hissy fit".  If you guys can't see that saying something like Paul Waines' statements in the previous thread is wrong, on several levels, you guys may need a little learning lesson.  "Freedom of speech" does not mean you can say whatever you want.  Some people think they can say whatever they want online without fear of repercussions, and that is simply not the case.  

P.S. If nothing was wrong with your statements in the thread in question, then why was it deleted?  And when Paul Waines whined about bad service with having his posters delivered and then made borderline terrorist threats toward the employees of that company, who is the "drama queen"?  I just tried to tell you how stupid that is, and then you guys tried to play it off like it was some little joke, which it certainly is not.  Unbelievable.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:10:13 AM by NeoLoco »

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 03:46:10 AM »

Well, not that I am really that interested, just curious...

Anywayz, I wanted to show you a company is trying to rip me off to deliver goods to my home. All I want to buy is a single solitary lounge cushion yet they want to charge me $2 million to ship it which I don't think is very fair, especially when they said on the site it would be free :(

Wayfair is the Egbert of housewares.  They sell nearly everything and at reasonable prices, but their reviews are horrendous.  They screw up orders, use drunk deliverymen, and do not believe in customer service.  Most places that bad are little outfits set up for bait and switch scams with outrageous restocking fees and the like.  But Wayfair is HUGE, like amazon HUGE.  I am not sure how they have remained such a force in the business.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 02:48:05 PM »
Stewart Boyle and Paul Waines, no one had a "hissy fit".  If you guys can't see that saying something like Paul Waines' statements in the previous thread is wrong, on several levels, you guys may need a little learning lesson.  "Freedom of speech" does not mean you can say whatever you want.  Some people think they can say whatever they want online without fear of repercussions, and that is simply not the case.  

P.S. If nothing was wrong with your statements in the thread in question, then why was it deleted?  And when Paul Waines whined about bad service with having his posters delivered and then made borderline terrorist threats toward the employees of that company, who is the "drama queen"?  I just tried to tell you how stupid that is, and then you guys tried to play it off like it was some little joke, which it certainly is not.  Unbelievable.
I disagree,it was clearly a joke and I found it funny,get over yourself Neo.

Stew

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 02:51:21 PM »
 "Freedom of speech" does not mean you can say whatever you want. 

It does mean exactly that, Neo.

I consider you an ok guy, and somehow, Paul's words rubbed you in a bad way...
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 02:58:53 PM »
I disagree,it was clearly a joke and I found it funny,get over yourself Neo.

Stew

Get over myself?  This has nothing to do with me.  There are laws in place, some of which are international, that prohibit people from making such statements.  Just because someone is saying stuff like that online, that does not make him/her above the law.  

What do you disagree with?  Please address the questions I have mentioned, including what exactly is funny about terrorist activities that were mentioned.  You may think it's funny, but I assure you that the terrorist attacks (similar to the ones you and Paul Waines think are so funny to joke about) that have been committed were no joking matters.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 03:02:09 PM »
It does mean exactly that, Neo.

I consider you an ok guy, and somehow, Paul's words rubbed you in a bad way...

Matias, thanks for the kind words.  I assure you that "freedom of speech" does not mean that one can say whatever he/she wants.  There are numerous examples of things that are against the law to say (under both national and international laws).  It's nothing personal, and nothing rubbed me the wrong way, I'm just not going to sit idly while people dispel false information, and I'll stand up to statements that put a big black eye on a place that I am associated with.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:36:40 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 03:12:25 PM »
Get over myself?  This has nothing to do with me.  There are laws in place, some of which are international, that prohibit people from making such statements.  Just because someone is saying stuff like that online, that does not make him/her above the law.  

What do you disagree with?  Please address the questions I have mentioned, including what exactly is funny about terrorist activities that were mentioned.  You may think it's funny, but I assure you that the terrorist attacks (similar to the ones you and Paul Waines think are so funny to joke about) that have been committed were no joking matters.
Neo we live in a Country that until very recently was at the forefront of a ruthless and sustained terrorist campaign.
We don`t need no learning from anyone regards such things.
If you could point out which terrorist activity you are referring to I`ll be happy to respond.

Stew

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 03:21:34 PM »
Neo we live in a Country that until very recently was at the forefront of a ruthless and sustained terrorist campaign.
We don`t need no learning from anyone regards such things.
If you could point out which terrorist activity you are referring to I`ll be happy to respond.

Stew

Stewart, you obviously need quite a bit of learning if you think it's within the law to make statements that Paul Waines did in the thread in question.  I assure you, there are laws that prohibit that.  I would include the quotes of PW, but since the other thread was deleted (likely because of PW's statements) it wouldn't make much sense for me to add those quotes here.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:37:13 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 03:27:47 PM »
Stewart, you obviously need quite a bit of learning if you think it's within the law to make statements that Paul Waines did in the question in thread.  I assure you, there are laws that prohibit that.  I would include the quotes of PW, but since the other thread was deleted (likely because of PW's statements) it wouldn't make much sense for me to add those quotes here.
I believe I can make any statement I like...so can anyone else.
When it becomes an actual threat,that`s where the line is crossed Neo..which law are you referring too?

Stew

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 03:33:46 PM »
I believe I can make any statement I like...so can anyone else.
When it becomes an actual threat,that`s where the line is crossed Neo..which law are you referring too?

Stew

There's generally some discretion with almost any law violation, including (as I mentioned) borderline threats.  I'm not going to recite the laws and turn this into a lecture, and I'm sure that you can find them on your own.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 03:38:23 PM »
There's generally some discretion with almost any law violation, including (as I mentioned) borderline threats.  I'm not going to recite the laws and turn this into a lecture, and I'm sure that you can find them on your own.
The only way within UK law that would lead to a successful prosecution,was if said statement contained an element of menace.
Fails on that criteria,for a start..
Are WW2 jokes off limits too?

Stew

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »
Matias, thanks for the kind words.  I assure you that "freedom of speech" does not mean that one can say whatever he/she wants.  There are numerous examples of things that are against the law to say (under both national and international laws).  It's nothing personal, and nothing rubbed me the wrong way, I'm just not going to sit idly while people dispel false information, and I'll stand up to statements that put a big black eye on a place that I am associated with.

I was googling a bit and apparently there are places where some phrases could get you in trouble (like saying "I want to kill the president" in the US, or screaming "fire" in a crowded place).
I believe that down here in the uncivilized south - ;D- there aren't such restrictions. In fact, there's a few songs that come to my mind in wich killing the president is an important part of the lyrics...

Specifically talking about Paul's phrase, I hardly think it was a terrorist threat, but someone obviously saw it the other way.  :(

Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo