Author Topic: Storage of daybills  (Read 4497 times)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Storage of daybills
« on: March 21, 2013, 02:21:10 AM »
Going out to daybill collectors...

I have around 20 daybills, wondering how you store them. I am interested in storing flat to try to flatten the folds. Do you store them in bulk with a backing and separate posters with acid free paper or put into display folders. I think I am interested in a display folder - anyone know of where to get some that fits a long daybill snugly as that should cover the odd daybill with snipe attached too.

Thanks

Matt

Re: Storage of daybills
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 03:07:06 AM »
I'll make it simple for ya Steve....my storage rates are 50 cents per daybill per year. Talk about cheap! :o (no guarantee of return)

I have 20 stored flat per shelf, no need to go overboard with acid free paper....

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 03:19:31 AM »
The ones that are not framed and that I value (even if they are not so) I keep in my NFS drawer and in archival sleeves. The sleeves can take a one sheet poster so I am able to store 2 per sleeve.

The rest, I keep some in a box, folded and the others in a file drawer laying flat, on top of one another.
David

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 12:52:17 PM »
Going out to daybill collectors...

I have around 20 daybills, wondering how you store them. I am interested in storing flat to try to flatten the folds. Do you store them in bulk with a backing and separate posters with acid free paper or put into display folders. I think I am interested in a display folder - anyone know of where to get some that fits a long daybill snugly as that should cover the odd daybill with snipe attached too.

Thanks

What storage technique did you eventually go with, Steve?

-Jeff